HK Lanc pilots seat

Lancman

As you may know the pilots seat in the HK Lanc is oh so wrong it's too long in the pan  ( rectangle instead of square ) and in place of where the parachute would be it has a huge cushion on it???? I think this is the reason the seat looks too far back from the IP so does anybody know if the aftermarket guys, Quickboost ect have any plans to replace it.

Another question was it the same manufacturer who made the seats for the pilot to sit on the parachute if so would a Spit or Hurricane seat pan be usable if there is no aftermarket seat.

Cheers

Graham

Hi Lanc Lovers,

I can confidently say that this shows how off the kit seat is. The front edge of the seat is probably in the right place however the elongation of the bucket pushes it too far back.

The cg seat seat is tilted too far forward because my main reference is in that position but will be corrected.

This is going to be a tricky one to cast.

Robert 

seat_wip.04.png

I made this a couple of weeks back, I think it's pretty close?

fDQPa6e.jpg

HPgj0Ij.jpg

bVmTyrL.jpg

It should also be noted the floor mount is too high so if you correct the height of the armour plate it will hit the canopy. It is also too wide and too long.

I did this from pictures, which is wrong inmost peoples opinions, but it looks far better than the kit supplied seat.. hell, the Airfix 1/72 seat is better!!

Having done this I can also confirm the front of the seat is in the correct position in relation to the IP. I have used the kit supplied holes and moved the rear holes forward. Not that that matters much because I have now removed the seat floor platform and am replacing it wioth something a little more to scale.

Edited by Nigels modelling bench

• 2 weeks later...