Mosquito Mk IV: Beuteflugzeug

Erwin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Erwin,

I built this scheme in 1/48 a couple of years ago. From memory I think it was cobbled together from a couple of crashed airframes. A couple of things to note from my research: Firstly, it had asymmetrical exhaust with six exhaust stubs on the outboard sides and five on the inner. It was never flyable and the props and spinners were not attached. The radio mast was omitted and no aerial wires. I’ll attach the link to my build photos:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ap8f8sbydsX2wiyT963Xac8EpIDf

If I can find the build log, I will attach that for reference:

Regards,

Edited by Kahunaminor

On 2/2/2019 at 10:44 PM, Kahunaminor said:

Hi Erwin,

I built this scheme in 1/48 a couple of years ago. From memory I think it was cobbled together from a couple of crashed airframes. A couple of things to note from my research: Firstly, it had asymmetrical exhaust with six exhaust stubs on the outboard sides and five on the inner. It was never flyable and the props and spinners were not attached. The radio mast was omitted and no aerial wires. I’ll attach the link to my build photos:

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I noted in my picture the lack of antenna and props.Didn' know about the exhausts.

I might place the props just for the look of it.It doesn't have to be exactly as the pictures.

My build won't be as detailed as yours.Just "out of box".

I will go with a mix of 50/50% satin dark green and matt black green to get a soft shine

It's a simple old kit.So it shouldn't take me months to complete.

Edited by Erwin

On 2/5/2019 at 11:44 AM, Azgaron said:

Looking good! :)

Have you strenghtened the wings with something that you put the screws in?

Håkan

I first drill two small holes,add glue and then the screws.

This makes the bond fuselage/wing super strong.The srews pull the wing firmly into the slot.

Edited by Erwin