Me-262 1/32 details

johnie hopper

Finally I've found some pictures of FuG218 devices - you can luxuriate here:

http://horst-beck-collection.com/

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find any contact to Mr. Horst Beck to ask him for help with dimensions.

LeX3rW.jpg

HCwG1f.jpg

And some supplementation of table:

LR3a (volume control) for FuG 125 = Ln29105

Edited by johnie hopper

I finished the back instrument panel for Nightfighter version. Maybe FuG 218 devices are not exact, but they seems very close to known photos.

I thought not to divide it to front and back part as pilot's instrument panel, because here the back side is not visible. But if you think that it would be better for displaying/coloring/decaling the instruments it would be not such a problem.

2I0t2R.jpgtRWK2P.jpg

wDa9VR.jpg

The control panel from the rear left side (as shown in the two pictures in message before) is left to create. And of course the night hand lamp Fl.32272-2 and the switch box in size for 4 switches (both to the right side wall).

Let me introduce first attempt of Set 02 - rear seat cockpit devices of B1a/U1 Nightfighter version.

You will have to grind down the thickness of both side panels and may be I will make them little bit wider so you can adjust them to your particular model.

If I knew exact width of side panels (in front cockpit) I would prepare similar side panels with each devices of pilot cockpit (almost same for all versions) and could add it to the Set 01 :-(

Could anyone leastways measure it by caliper in trumpeter's model please?

HpCPPT.jpg

GyBBsE.jpg

L7cuAX.jpg

As Mr. Kramer rightly admonish me (thank you - there is still something new to learn) there should be some more devices specific for nightfighter version inside pilot cockpit. These three in the pictures relate to autopilot ("Kurssteuerung") mounted on rudder control. Boxes were mounted behind the pilot seat on the right and left side and there was used KG13C control stick.

There is also some new device for two switches on the right side instead FuG 16 control device. There is English description U/V LIGHTS and INST. LIGHTS and empty space for the third switch. But where are/were these lights?

Second question - what device was mounted under the Pilot's control panel in the last picture (where for example SWA 10B was usually mounted)? It had shape of regular instrument.

qk51vn.jpg

1txWsJ.jpg

vKsKYu.jpg

Jq3Byt.jpg

On 2/12/2019 at 1:31 PM, johnie hopper said:

As Mr. Kramer rightly admonish me (thank you - there is still something new to learn) there should be some more devices specific for nightfighter version inside pilot cockpit. These three in the pictures relate to autopilot ("Kurssteuerung") mounted on rudder control. Boxes were mounted behind the pilot seat on the right and left side and there was used KG13C control stick.

There is also some new device for two switches on the right side instead FuG 16 control device. There is English description U/V LIGHTS and INST. LIGHTS and empty space for the third switch. But where are/were these lights?

Second question - what device was mounted under the Pilot's control panel in the last picture (where for example SWA 10B was usually mounted)? It had shape of regular instrument.

qk51vn.jpg

1txWsJ.jpg

vKsKYu.jpg

Jq3Byt.jpg

That additional instrument was most likely a dual manifold pressure gauge up to 1.8ata that showed the thrust in both jets. The pointers would have to show the same pressure for a straight flight course. The same was also installed in the Ar 234 B-2 panel. 

Cheers,

Roger

PS: Please create a blind flying panel for the nightfighter where the large compass and horizon were centered on the same vertical line. It was made out of metal and was quite thin. The BFP where the compass was offset from the vertical line was made out of wood, but was intended for the bad weather fighter version of the single seater.

Thanks for pressure gauge instrument idea Roger. It seems to me that it was a bigger type of instrument with diameter 79,4 mm. Don't you know Fl. number? Do you think that there was only one instrument on this central aditional panel? It sounds uselessly, there was enough of another empty space on instrument panel.

I can create BFP according to "South African" plane. Would it be sufficient?

J.H.

The 1.8ata instrument was Fl20556 which was an 80mm instrument. There was no place for an 80mm instrument elsewhere except to the left of the SZKK2. But that space was originally intended for the cabin pressure gauge and I am not sure if it was covered by fabric or used in the nightfighter. I believe the 20556 was the only instrument in the auxiliary panel.

Yes, the South Africa BFP us original.

Thanks for your efforts! It will be an amazing set!

One more question. What is this on the right side behind the operator seat. I can recognize First Aid set holder but there is something on the partition wall.

https://johniehopper.rajce.idnes.cz/Me-262_3D/#03.jpg

Does anyone know what it could be. I guess it could be next part of K22 K23 "autopilot" system.

Looks great! Just a few remarks:

The large repeater compass had a relatively flat front face without the jigsaw type of ring around the bezel.

The AFN2 should be moved slightly to the right if I compare your drawing with photos.

The lower left instrument was the Borduhr with a cutout in the lower center that us not present in your drawing. The watch itself was rarely installed. I’d just leave the hole but not the watch.

There was a hole for an indicator to the left if the blind flying panel. It was unused, but would have to be added to your drawing. 

The instrument on the far right in the 2nd row from the bottom was a voltage indicator that was attached from behind and which had a smaller diameter than 57mm. You can find photos in Ken Merrick’s cockpit book.

The rate if climb indicator was if the kast type with rectangular face. I am sure there was also a 262b with round indicator, but if you want to stick to the only reference photo, I’d go for the rectangular one.

The item behind the right side console looks like a connectir or ‘Verteiler’ to me which was at some point covered. Mist likely box type shape.

Cheers

Roger

Edited by VintageEagle

AFN2 moved.

"Borduhr" are improved - when you grind away the frame there will left the hole with cutout in the lower.

One more hole on the left is added.

I will have to look for Fl. number of this voltage meter :-( (could somenone help?)

Continue tomorrow