Me-262 1/32 details

johnie hopper

• 2 weeks later...

While waiting for some printing results/tries I made some parts specific for late/end war series and for Czechoslovakian Avia S/CS-92. The Main Wheel leg with the scissors on both sides.

I don't know if i should print only scissors or the legs too. And also if create and print a pressure hose (just the part fixed to the leg) or let it to modeller's hand.

https://johniehopper.rajce.idnes.cz/Me-262_3D#Mainwheelleg.jpg

https://johniehopper.rajce.idnes.cz/Me-262_3D#Scissors.jpg

(Sorry, flickr is temporarily out...)

I would prefer scissors only (as I may opt for metal legs and as I prefer manually applied wires for the pressure hose).

The double scissors were suggested already at the end of the war by Messerschmitt and were supposed to enter serial production. However, I have not yet found an example of a late war produced Me 262 with these double scissors. 

Looking forward to learn more about the quality of the printed parts. 

• 1 month later...

Is there any technology how to make cca 2,8 mm thick transparent armoured wind shield glass with a hem for Me 262 in 1/32? I'm thinking about sticking three (or five) plastic foils (then there could be visible inner wires). What kind of glue should be used, disperse, clear epoxy? Or any other idea? (3D clear print?)

Panzerglas01 Panzerglas02

Who needs technology? Just use your hands. An old plexiglas (perspex) ruler will provide the glass and a tin foil from an (emptied) bottle of wine, the framing. This is modelling after all!

:coolio:

Edited by quang

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

Have you ever received 3D printed test parts? Would be excellent timing with the release of Revell’s 262a-1a last week.

I'm sorry, but I still haven't any catchable result neither from Prague nor from US producer who I'm cooperating with. But I still believe ... :-)

21 hours ago, Hacker said:

l see that the Revell version is now out very soon. Will they fit as well?

Hacker

All parts are made according to real measurrements (as much as possible) and I can't guarantee that they will fit into every model.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...