Me-262 1/32 details

johnie hopper

Just leaving the producer's office I belive that their printers are able to print almost all parts. The problem could happen with very thin parts like vizards on the top of gunsights or thin plate walls on signal gun control panel. Making these parts little bit thicker should help, but it will be out of measure. I will try to modify critically parts and show you how it looks modified.

Regarding Multijet technology, the producer can't guarantee that each surfaces of final parts will be completely degrease. There should stay footsteps of wax or oil (oil is used to clean the wax).

I'm also thinking over how to pack final parts to get them to you (mostly across the ocean I think). There is a possibility to let the parts bathed in wax (box 2 x 2 x 3 cm approximately) and you can smelt out the wax by heating it to about 60°C (not higher than 80°C). But I think that this process is too complicated and I will have to find another way - I hope that bubble envelope will be sufficient.

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 6:08 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

You're not planning on shipping parts in a bubble envelope I hope.  I can give you a 100% positive guarantee that the parts will arrive in the form of crushed powder at the other end if there is no box around them.

Thanks for guarantee :-). So I will take a look back for suitable small cartoon or plastic box to put it inside the envelope. Parts will be really small.

Hello, I've got one new question from printing company.

I asked for one pre serious sample print of whole set, which they could join to another third party print (for about 35-40 Euros). I wanted to take photos of them and let you see how it looks. 

The problem is that they have no printing order in such fine printing currently.

Our possibilities:

1) We could wait one or more month to wait until they will received order like that and start printing the sample set.

2) I will let print whole serie of 40 sets without checking printer capabilities.

It's up to you. Waiting for your opinion.

So I gave the command order to wait with printing until external order will come.

Meanwhile I'm working on FuG's. Here are previews of 16 and 120. You can see how large/small will these parts be in 1/32 measure. Some of them are inside the cockpit (mostly the smallest one)

G4Q4au.jpgeJGbYr.jpgpgEQi2.jpg2kdapZ.jpg

FuGs25 and 217/218 still. in progress.

If anyone have dimension of the board in fuselage where these instruments were placed it would pretty much help in time of printing (I would place them on board end let it print together as one piece). Maybe dimension of this board/plate in Trumpeter models (A and B version) would be sufficient (I don't have any yet).

J.H.

I have just finished the FuG 25 devices and would like to create FuG 218. Finally I've found Ln No of cathode-ray tube instrument (Ln29710)

Ln29710

Does anyone know Ln numbers or other specification of devices placed in operator rear cockpit (one on the left panel and one just on the right side of mentioned Ln29710 on operator's instrument panel?

zyC9bq.jpg

psbDzv.jpg

IWB4nM.jpg

Thanks for any help.

J.H.

I've created a table with Ln numbers of FuGs devices. Maybe someone will be able to help to complete it (the yellow boxes) or eventually add some new rows.

I'm sorry, maybe this belongs to general discussion but it also relates closely with this topic. I will be not able to complete parts for 125 and 218 without any specification respectively I would have to create some art creation.

pRYSmV.jpg

What I can contribute to this topic is the following:

Fritz Trenkle
Bordfunkgeräte - Vom Funkenseder zum Bordradar
Serie: Die deutsche Luftfahrt, Band 7
Bernard & Graefe Verlag, Koblenz, 1986

Pages 102, 103:
FuG 125 = „Hermine“
consists of receiver EBl 3 F with

-          remote operating unit FBG 2

-          amplifier V 3 a

-          volume control

-          antenna from FuG 16 ZY 

Page 184:
FuG 218 V1(for single seater) and V2 (for more seater) = „Neptun III V1“, „Neptun III V2“

Page 199:
FuG 25a = „Erstling“ with photo, no dimensions

Page 61:
FuG 120 = „Bernhardine“

Not very helpful, but at least something.