Me-262 1/32 details

johnie hopper

Thanks for your interest.

Regarding REVI EZ42 there are two possibilities. I found only few useful pics and main dimension. I can try to make some model which will look like it, but only look like. Second possibility is to skip it and place there for example REVI 16D, which I'm working on currently.

What's your opinion?

The Revi 16D was only installed in few early aircraft. A Me 262 with 2 MK 108 captured by the Russians had one fitted for example. Later ones used the 16B also for dropping bombs. I have found the manual of how to use the 16B for dropping bombs with the Me 262 in a US archive. 

Bentley’s drawing would also be my recommended reference. There were at least two different brackets for the EZ 42 in the Me 262. You would also have to design the box with the span and range dials (if I remember correctly), which was attached to the horizontal gunsight tube to the right of the gunsight. Some installations also had the box installed on the side console.

Cheers,

Roger

I was thinking about 16D because there are some photos of Avia S-92.2 (V-33 my future project) with 16D mounted in cockpit (despite the fact, that there were probably no MK108 mounted on board).

EZ42: I should make all these components, but I don't know where all they should be placed.ZURrhz.jpgC9BRHM.jpgcQ2xLc.jpg0wgpCJ.jpg

May be I will prepare both 16D and EZ42 I think with minimal impact to final price.

6 hours ago, VintageEagle said:

The Revi 16D was only installed in few early aircraft. A Me 262 with 2 MK 108 captured by the Russians had one fitted for example. Later ones used the 16B also for dropping bombs. I have found the manual of how to use the 16B for dropping bombs with the Me 262 in a US archive.

I think it's the other way round. The 16D was for dropping bombs.

The EZ 40 and 42 were used on the 262 but only on the later 262s.

https://www.reflexvisier.com/revi-16-d

https://www.reflexvisier.com/kreiselvisiere

https://www.reflexvisier.com/reflexvisiere

I probably need to explain a bit more. Originally the 16B was specified. When Hitler demanded that it should be built as Blitzbomber only - sometimes in summer 1944 if I remember correctly - they tested the 16D. The first Blitzbombers had only 2 MK 108 due to CG and landing gear weakness reasons. That’s why the Me 262 that the Russians captured was an early Blitzbomber that was fitted with the 16D for dropping bombs. However, they later (around late fall 44) changed the specification again to the 16B to be used in both the fighter and fighter bomber versions. At the same time they issued the manual how to drop bombs with the 16B. The EZ 42 came late. A few test installations were made around winter 44/45 but introduction into serial production only began in the last couple of weeks of the war. The EZ 42 could be used both as a fighter gunsight and with fixed mirrors as a bomber gunsight according to the manual. However, by the time it was introduced almost all Me 262 were used as fighters.

The last news. I've received price per set and it seems, that I will be not able to get under 19 Euros (plus postage). Second possibility is go back to only an instrument panel and then price could be under 10  Euros. What is more acceptable for you? The third possibility is to evaluate each part separately and make package according to your wishes - but it seems too demanding for me.

In my head I have an idea to make "Set02" with instruments of rear cockpit of nightfighter version.

The third one "Set03" could contain not seen parts as cannons, FuGs etc.

Tomorrow I'm going to meet with producer to see what are possibilities and limits of MultiJet 3D printing.

The final content of the large version of Set01 in enclosure.nzy5sW.jpg

P.S. Is there anyone who would like to manage this job/production? - please send me P.M.