Your favourite paints?

Pup7309

Airbrushing:  MRP, Alclad, Tamiya acrylics, Mr. Color lacquer, AK Interactive "Real Colors", anything that isn't a "true acrylic."

Brush painting: the true acrylics!  Lifecolor is fantastic for brushing, sprays horribly.  MiG, Vallejo, AK Interactive, anything in a plastic squeeze bottle with a nipple on top usually brushes very well.

What I spray the most, by far, is Tamiya acrylics thinned with Mr. Color leveling thinner; that combo sprays as well as anything on the planet. 

21 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I'm really liking MRP.

Funny lot we modelers are.................

At first I was liking MRP but my complaint was that I didnt like that it was pre-thinned. I still dont like the fact that the paint is super expensive for what you get, but now after a year or more of using the paint consistently, that pre-thinning out of the bottle is one of the things I love about the paint now.

I never used to get my thinning mixes very consistent, but with MRP I dont even worry about thinning. 

5 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I love Xtracrylics as well.  I thin them with distilled water and they spray perfectly.

Never tried distilled water. I have some Xtracrilix thinner but i find it hit and miss. I might have to give it a go again to see if it was just me (more than likely)

I haven't tried their Allies colours yet but their RLM colours imho are fantastic. Now if i can get them to spray properly then with your suggestion then i feel it will be my 'go to' paint. Although Tamiya is still amazing for spraying.

15 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I love Xtracrylics as well.  I thin them with distilled water and they spray perfectly.

15 hours ago, AlanG said:

Never tried distilled water. I have some Xtracrilix thinner but i find it hit and miss. I might have to give it a go again to see if it was just me (more than likely)

15 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

David Hannant himself told me to try distilled water.

I just use warm tap water and it’s free.

Who can keep track of all the brands?  Every time I look in a big shop or a magazine there is another newest and greatest.  Lacquers, enamels, acrylic, too much. Every time I get accustomed to a brand, it gets discontinued, or not easily distributed to retail stores. The only constant paint I never had an issue finding and using is Tamiya. Luckily it is such a great paint, just wish there were more pre mixed colours. I’ve said good bye to Polly Scale, Aeromaster as they are gone now. Gunze, and Xtracrilics are too hard to find. I’ve said good riddance to too many brands to remember. 

A bit surprised that no one has said Mission Models Paint, it seems to be for sale everywhere. I’ve used it a few times and after some original choice words and phrases for it, getting quite accustomed to using it successfully.