Your favourite paints?

Pup7309

Vallejo, Tamiya and Gunze (OOP) acrylics for airbrush. Any for small brush work.  I use mfgr solvents for thinning.  Specialty  items- chipping fluid, pigments etc. are Vallejo.  

Alclad for NMF.

Tamiya super fine white primer and Mr. Surfacer grey primer.

Rick

Edited by Rick Griewski
Added primers

I've been a Model Master enamel guy forever, but that, unfortunately, is going to have to change. I like their metallizer range also.

Primers: Tamiya super fine white and Mr. Surfacer 1500 black

For the brush;

Note; I only use enamels!

Humbrol, the OLD, good stuff that smells like paint should! (I´ve been a Humbrol guy since day one!)

White Ensign (now Sovereign Hobbies) colorcoates

Xtracolor, whenever I can get hold of them!

Revell, If I can find them

For the Airbrush;

MRP;  My new favorite color brand

Alclad;  for primers and metallics

Cheers!

Stefan :)

2 hours ago, Bill_S said:

I've been a Model Master enamel guy forever, but that, unfortunately, is going to have to change. I like their metallizer range also.

Primers: Tamiya super fine white and Mr. Surfacer 1500 black

Like Bill, Ive always used MM enamels but the range is getting depleted, and honestly Ive found a MUCH better spraying airbrush paint; MRP. For airbrushing IMHO, its unbeatable. As has been mentioned however, they dont brush paint unless you dump some out and let it sit to thicken up. Im going to be trying their aqua paints to see if they can be used a touchup/brush paints. 

Primers (when I use them, mainly on resin or mixed media kits) Im also with Bill, as Tamiyas fine white lacquer primer is nearly flawless, as is MS 1500 black, as I use that often too. Both are EXCELLENT products. 

2 minutes ago, DonH said:

Tamiya Acrylics

Gunze Acrylics

That's pretty much all I have so don't have many things to compare with. I have some MRP paints on order to test.

After using (and actually liking) the Gunze acrylic range I think you are going to be amazed Don at how much better the MRP paint sprays, even compared to Gunze stuff, that does spray very nicely.

I loved the MRP but they are difficult and expensive to get a hold of, and they smell... I have a dedicated room, but no real paintbooth, so no stinkers allowed! Keen to try the new LP raint from Tamiya though...

Lately I have been using Ammo by Mig, and Vallejo Model Air. For me correctness in color isn't 100% important, but smell and relative easy cleanup is. I also LOVE th Gunze Aqueous and Tamiya Acrylic ranges, and have quite a stash. I also have a few MM Enamels, but only because the colors I need for a project is only available through them...

(Humbrol original tins DO smell wonderful...)

Cheers

H.