HB B24 discussion: AM and fixes

Pup7309

Also, Draw Decals are doing the Collings Foundation B24 'Witchcraft ' markings in a very accurate decal sheet including the Sponsors names and a lot of other details, very comprehensive for $40. Wish I'd found that before I'd shelled out for Kits Worlds Dragon and his Tail sheet, which lacks a lot of details ( and ain't cheap!)

C'est la vie!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

The Eduard wheels are out, and they are lovely. Same size as the B-17 wheels (as they should be), but they have a different tread pattern and the hubs are molded in place. They also fit nicely into the wing openings. I'll post some pictures shortly.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Here's the photos, as promised. The B-24 wheel is one the left, while the B-17 wheel is on the right:

49697178656_f57991a48d_b.jpg

49697486802_d293410c15_b.jpg

And here's the B-24 wheel in the wing:

49697486817_efda612c37_h.jpg

Now, let's see some new turrets... pretty please.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Edited by Dennis7423

On 1/26/2020 at 2:57 AM, Captain Boogaloo said:

Hello, bit of a thread resuscitation: I'd like to recommend Halberd Models wheel set for the B24, there are choices of treads for the wheels, covered or open wheels and (I'm pretty sure) unlike the b17 brassin Eduard wheels the Halberd ones are the right scale size for a 1\32 aircraft. And the tyres are actually rubber ( of some kind!) so should give a nice 'flat' on the model. I got mine through eBay, not sure if anyone currently stocks them.

Hope that's of interest.

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

PS I got a set of 109ace's vacform\resin turrets; good value, I'd say.  A good improvement over the kit ones at least!

can you elaborate on what the size differential is / why the Eduard ones are incorrect?

Short version: Eduard B17 wheels are a tiny bit undersize ( full size are 56" ) they don't quite scale up, it's not enough to get upset about ( iirc it's something like 1.75 mm). Halberd have it spot on. Can't recall who/where pointed out this little gem, but it was backed up with solid maths. Would you like a set of Eduard B 17 wheels for a fiver? Plus postage.

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

• 3 months later...