HB B24 discussion: AM and fixes

Pup7309

On 6/14/2019 at 11:33 AM, Out2gtcha said:

Thanks Andy, I thought Id remembered you mentioning it somewhere.............probably earlier in this thread..............was just too lazy to go back and do a deep dive. 

link to order: https://aerocraftmodels.bigcartel.com/product/internal-undercarriage-set-for-hobby-boss-b-24-liberator

-Ro

Just now, Rowen said:

I dont have the kit yet, but do already have a set of Ali's gear inserts.

What Andy and I were discussing was when Ali's clear resin turrets were going to be available.

Looking forward to them!

On 6/15/2019 at 4:30 PM, Out2gtcha said:

I dont have the kit yet, but do already have a set of Ali's gear inserts.

What Andy and I were discussing was when Ali's clear resin turrets were going to be available.

Looking forward to them!

I'm waiting too! In the meantime, I just added two more sets of turrets to my Ebay store giving the buyers of the HB B-24 some more options at a cost savings. One set gives you turrets for the Consolidated/Emerson configurations, and the other a Consolidated/Consolidated configuration. Both of these new twin pack sets sell for $27 plus actual shipping. Saving buyers $3.00 over purchasing separately. 

I am not a moderator but please consider that: Rather than publishing regular advertisements in a forum that is not intended to products promotion, it would be far more appropriate to send to an independent reviewer one sample of your sets as I guess I am not the only one who would appreciate to know the standpoint of somebody else than the seller. Otherwise, please put such messages in the vendors board. This is what it is intended for. Thanks for your attention. 

24 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

I am not a moderator but please consider that: Rather than publishing regular advertisements in a forum that is not intended to products promotion, it would be far more appropriate to send to an independent reviewer one sample of your sets as I guess I am not the only one who would appreciate to know the standpoint of somebody else than the seller. Otherwise, please put such messages in the vendors board. This is what it is intended for. Thanks for your attention. 

Moderators can do as they please. I've got no problems with that at all. Now I have to get back to work molding up the resin wheel well inserts for the Airfix 1/24 Bf109E kit. I want to have them ready for listing on Ebay tonight. The 50 year  drought of nothing to fill those big cavities under the wing ends soon. I'll post links in the Vendor area. As I should. 

Edited by 109ace

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 32scalelover said:

I saw the Eduard has released two sets for the bomb bay.  Not sure what they include.

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/edu32440.htm

http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/edu32441.htm

Greg

Try searching for the Eduard July 2019 leaflet; it has images. They also have seatbelts and another item I didn't see in the leaflet but has a JX prefix instead of the 32xxx number. I would link but the one I found takes you to a download without giving a url (on my phone at least).

The instruction sheets for the two new bomb bay sets are now on Eduard's website for download. They look like nice additions to the base kit. Curious if we'll see any Brassin for this beastie, or any further photo-etch sets for the interior. Hoping for some Brassin wheels, since the True Details ones leave a little bit to be desired.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

Hmm.  Maybe I should wait and get these before finishing off the interior of my beast.  Not like I'm in a yuuuge hurry, right?

Tim W.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello, bit of a thread resuscitation: I'd like to recommend Halberd Models wheel set for the B24, there are choices of treads for the wheels, covered or open wheels and (I'm pretty sure) unlike the b17 brassin Eduard wheels the Halberd ones are the right scale size for a 1\32 aircraft. And the tyres are actually rubber ( of some kind!) so should give a nice 'flat' on the model. I got mine through eBay, not sure if anyone currently stocks them.

Hope that's of interest.

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

PS I got a set of 109ace's vacform\resin turrets; good value, I'd say.  A good improvement over the kit ones at least!

Thanks Mike, nice to backed up by one of the forum 'experten' ! Also (just arrived) some very good usaaf 500lb bombs ( with the nomenclature decals, too! Neither CMK nor Eduard saw fit to include those in their versions) and  a really nice resin Clarktor towing tractor, for those of us tempted by dioramas, both by Videoaviation, an Italian company that was new to me but I'm sure I'll be buying from again! Hope that's of interest, folks!

Blue Skies!

Captain Boogaloo

Edited by Captain Boogaloo
Predictive text....arrrgh! So annoying!!