HB B24 discussion: AM and fixes

Pup7309

17 hours ago, TimW said:

Got the Airscale instruments and have some resin radios and a bombsight  on order.

We'll see, I guess!

Cheers,

Tim W

Got a link or part for the radios you could share? maybe interested in some.

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

ICM is going to be releasing a flight crew for the B-24 and B-17 in 1/32.  look pretty good to me.

http://aeroscale.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=31765

Hopefully they will add other crew members and mechanics in the future.

Greg

Edited by 32scalelover

• 2 weeks later...

pitot tube by Profimodeller for B-24J available

http://www.profimodeller.com/detail/1:32-1/p32365-b-24-pitot-tube/

maly_1554538353-p32365-b-24-pitot-tube.j

m_2_1554538387.jpg

and barrels

http://www.profimodeller.com/detail/1:32-1/p32364-b-24j-barrels/

maly_1553013822-p32364-b-24j-barrels.jpg

and based on their FB post more AMs for B-24 will come

+ first set dedicated to cockpit from Eduard planned for May 2019

jan

On 4/7/2019 at 8:42 AM, Jan_G said:

pitot tube by Profimodeller for B-24J available

http://www.profimodeller.com/detail/1:32-1/p32365-b-24-pitot-tube/

maly_1554538353-p32365-b-24-pitot-tube.j

m_2_1554538387.jpg

and barrels

http://www.profimodeller.com/detail/1:32-1/p32364-b-24j-barrels/

maly_1553013822-p32364-b-24j-barrels.jpg

and based on their FB post more AMs for B-24 will come

+ first set dedicated to cockpit from Eduard planned for May 2019

jan

Hopefully, yes!

• 2 months later...

Hannants is showing Eduard Big-Ed EBIG33102 "B-24 PART" listed as a future release in late June/early July. Interesting as its listed as "PART". Might this be the Eduard turrets we've been waiting for? There's nothing listed on their website as of yet that I can find.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA 

5 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Hannants is showing Eduard Big-Ed EBIG33102 "B-24 PART" listed as a future release in late June/early July. Interesting as its listed as "PART". Might this be the Eduard turrets we've been waiting for? There's nothing listed on their website as of yet that I can find.

That would be lovely!  I wonder what Eduard has planned for turrets, if it will be a re-hash of the OOB turrets only non-frosted, or a fully more accurate turret?

Either way,  it would seem that the clear parts would be resin and not vac, which would be welcome for a lot of people. Personally, I dont mind clear vac myself but if I had my druthers, I would take clear resin most every time. 

6 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

That would be lovely!  I wonder what Eduard has planned for turrets, if it will be a re-hash of the OOB turrets only non-frosted, or a fully more accurate turret?

Either way,  it would seem that the clear parts would be resin and not vac, which would be welcome for a lot of people. Personally, I dont mind clear vac myself but if I had my druthers, I would take clear resin most every time. 

I agree.  I tried to make vac work.  Just couldn't do it.  Probably just me.  There are some media I just don't have much luck with.  Using kits parts for now (the A6 turrets fore and aft).

Tim W.

Eduard have confirmed they are *not* and I repeat *not* doing replacement clear parts for the turrets

It's s***y kit parts which are just not fixable to a standard that bears close scrutiny in my view (no matter how impressive the kit is when viewed from a few feet away), marginally less s***y vac, or wait for Aeroscale to get the clear resin right...and that's it.

Perhaps someone can persuade Pastor John at AIMS to have a go, given he has managed to do a 109 Graf special canopy in clear resin?

Anyway, sorry to rain on the 'Eduard will save the day' parade, but I did ask them and they said no interest.

5 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

Eduard have confirmed they are *not* and I repeat *not* doing replacement clear parts for the turrets

It's s***y kit parts which are just not fixable to a standard that bears close scrutiny in my view (no matter how impressive the kit is when viewed from a few feet away), marginally less s***y vac, or wait for Aeroscale to get the clear resin right...and that's it.

Perhaps someone can persuade Pastor John at AIMS to have a go, given he has managed to do a 109 Graf special canopy in clear resin?

Anyway, sorry to rain on the 'Eduard will save the day' parade, but I did ask them and they said no interest.

Ah I didnt know that. Too bad!   I could have sworn someone said they are doing clear resin turrets..............

Was it Andy who mentioned it?      Cant think of who it was now

I'm curious if there is much of a market for a manufacturer, like Eduard for example, to make injection-molded replacement parts for a kit? They make resin and photoetch for other kits, so why not venture into some injection molded stuff for other kits? I have no idea if its feasible or not.

As a side note, has anyone seen Eduard market something as "Eduard PART" before? I couldn't find any other listings like that. The have Look, Big-Ed, Brassin, etc, but I have never seen PART before.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

23 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Ali at Aerocraft is working on them - I sent him the kit parts to use - there's no point in encouraging anyone else to produce clear resin versions, better, no matter how hard :coolio:, to display a bit of patience. 

Thanks Andy, I thought Id remembered you mentioning it somewhere.............probably earlier in this thread..............was just too lazy to go back and do a deep dive. 

18 hours ago, Dennis7423 said:

I'm curious if there is much of a market for a manufacturer, like Eduard for example, to make injection-molded replacement parts for a kit? They make resin and photoetch for other kits, so why not venture into some injection molded stuff for other kits? I have no idea if its feasible or not ...

Eduard has a decent set up with Brassin ... I mean, the 109E replacement gear is superb (including the wafer thin replacement cowls)

I believe the other stuff was just as popular.

I've often wondered the same thing with IM ... Maybe a short run set up? ...

Some straight out corrected pieces ... Some simple conversion stuff ...

Just a couple of kits that spring to mind are the HKM Mosquito and B-17 as well as the HB P-61 and B-24

Things that would be really expensive in highly detailed resin ... but maybe demand might equate to short run IM??

The purchase of a $300-$400 kit has to be niche rather than mainstream ... and if it is - it's more likely that recipients would want to create an accurate rendition.

Rog :)