HB B24 discussion: AM and fixes

Pup7309

Ordered and received a set of the True Details uncovered wheels... don't bother. Save your money. They resemble vehicle tires similar to the ones on my Toyota Tacoma... very square. The distance between the brake drum and the wheel is quite large, also. You could fit your hand vertical between the two. Additionally, the hub on the nose wheel is not see thru... the center is solid, which I'm thinking isn't correct for a light-weight nose wheel without a brake mechanism. Back to the drawing board for wheels. Hoping Resin2Detail comes through with their proposed different sets for the B-24 in 1/32, or Eduard comes to the rescue with some nice Brassin ones.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

12 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Ordered and received a set of the True Details uncovered wheels... don't bother. Save your money. They resemble vehicle tires similar to the ones on my Toyota Tacoma... very square. The distance between the brake drum and the wheel is quite large, also. You could fit your hand vertical between the two. Additionally, the hub on the nose wheel is not see thru... the center is solid, which I'm thinking isn't correct for a light-weight nose wheel without a brake mechanism. Back to the drawing board for wheels. Hoping Resin2Detail comes through with their proposed different sets for the B-24 in 1/32, or Eduard comes to the rescue with some nice Brassin ones.

Thanks for that, good to know. I too am hoping Brassin comes out with a set, as most things I have gotten from them (including the current Do-335 tires and wheels I got from them) have been top quality.

21 minutes ago, Wackyracer said:

Thanks Peter. Just ordered! First again after lanc purchase at Telford?

Incredible! yes, lots of trade orders earlier today, but the first retail sale of the B24 was to you, just as it was for the Lanc :)

a theme I am very happy with :)

Peter