HB B24 discussion: AM and fixes

Pup7309

Hi Guys,

I was at our local Wiltshire Model Society meeting a couple of Thursdays ago and our very own Iain Ogilvie (moderator) turned up with his kit of the B-24.  WITH the wings hacked about. Not quite finished but definitely a work in progress. A very intelligent approach to the problem of the wings and I’ve no doubt he will show it here soon.  A shame Hobby Boss didn’t ask him to help with their research, rather than the back of a cigarette pack approach they seem to have taken to the kit.  I’m still wondering how to make sense of their Black Widow model. Another Fag Packet design by our Chinese friends.

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

14 hours ago, Bruce_Crosby said:

WITH the wings hacked about. Not quite finished but definitely a work in progress. A very intelligent approach to the problem of the wings and I’ve no doubt he will show it here soon.  A shame Hobby Boss didn’t ask him to help with their research

Regards,

Bruce Crosby

Look forward to his progress! Not an easy fix I imagine?

Hi Guys,

In reply to Pup7309, I think for some people it wouldn’t be an easy fix, it involves a fair bit of butchery to the plastic. BUT, yes, it’s a big but, for anyone with any scratch building or kit hacking experience it’s relatively easy. When he showed it to me I could see his direction immediately. Putting that into perspective, I’m trained as a technician in the RAF, been a modeller since I was about 10, so modelling for 58 years, scratch building for most of that, making masters for resin armour kits.  So I could see straight away what his plan is.  And Iain is an outstanding modeller so when you see it you won’t be able to see any lumpy, bumpy bits, it will look like it should have done if Hobby Boss had done the work in the first place!

Regards,,

Bruce Crosby 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2019 at 4:45 PM, Trak-Tor said:

Iain's progress on his magnificent attack on the wing is well documented here in his own thread:

I'm sure he can conquer it!

:thumbsup:

Juraj

Who will be the first to produce a "Hitler finds out the shortcomings of the Hobby Boss B-24", some of those are really comical.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hitler+finds+out

Ryan

45 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Who will be the first to produce a "Hitler finds out the shortcomings of the Hobby Boss B-24", some of those are really comical.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=hitler+finds+out

Ryan

Actually, I find them a debasement of a really powerful scene in a really fine movie.

Kev

On 1/28/2019 at 12:51 AM, phantom said:

Are there any AM decals announced other than "the dragon"? 

Mike

yes these ones are being done by DK Decals, their decals are really good and work well, just used some on a 1/72 Wellington see http://www.dkdecals.cz/

DK decals are sold by Hannants and other retailers, I think this set is due out in a month or two

Ali

32007_B24_RAF_ZS.jpg