MiG-23MF Flogger B, Polish AF, 1970s

TimW

OK.  I purchased the Flogger B when it first came out....did some work; stopped when the G came out and built that.   The B has languished for awhile and I've gone all around the block trying to settle on a version.   I was going to do an East German Flogger, but now am going with an all over grey Polish AF bird.  Why?  Because I have a camouflaged G aready, a K in the stash (which will also be camo'd) and thought an all over grey one would be a nice contrast.

That, and I'll have to buy more MFs and MLs because I want to do Cuban, other Pact versions, etc.

Pics shortly, as soon as I can get stuff onto Imgur, etc.

Stay tuned.

Tim W

For a simple scheme, there's going to be a lot of additional shading/weathering, so right now after the initial coat of grey, it doesn't look that exciting.

The Authentic Decals set I have allows for a Soviet and Polish aircraft in grey, but the Polish one is for 1991--I'm just going to leave off the fancy squadron marking to backdate it to the late 70s/early 80s look as most of the fancy additions didn't come until the end of the Cold War.

Tim W.

I just want to say I find the Rube Goldberg main gear on this aircraft annoying.

But I got them on!   Some more small bits need to be added, then some touching up and gloss coat and decaling.  Then the real work of detailing and weathering shall begin!

• 5 months later...
14 minutes ago, 32scalelover said:

Just curious as I just ordered a Flogger-K.  Did you use any AM in the kit, or is it pretty much OOB?  I was thinking about getting the Aires set for the kit, but wasn't sure if it was needed.

Greg

Let's see--cockpit is mostly OOB apart from the seat.  Can't recall who makes it.  Aires wheel wells and AM decals, but that's about it.  

Haven't worked on it lately.  At Scout Camp this week with my boy, so I'll be ready to model when I get home!

Tim W