Getting tanked for the New Year

Wolf Buddee

18 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

Wolf,  do you have a particular tank in mind for the final paint process yet?   Just curious.   

Superb update.   Like everyone has already mentioned I like the primer coat.  

Thanks for sharing this build build with us.

Troy 

Thanks Troy,

Yes, I'm doing Tiger 211 from SS Panzer Abteilung 102, Normandy, June 1944. I'll post a pic from the instructions showing the exact camouflage scheme.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

50 minutes ago, DonH said:

Hey Wolf! As usual, a flawless finish. The zimerit looks perfect.

Can't wait to see the final camp scheme.

Hey Don, thanks for lookin' in!

The Tiger was rolled in to the paint shop tonight and I started applying the dark yellow paint. I've got the road wheels, idlers, and drive sprockets done. The red brown and green camouflage colours are up next. Let's see if I can get 'er done without screwin' it up. <_<

Cheers,

Wolf

One can't simply go all "wolf" on tiger 1 , unless it's Wolf himself. Impressively annoying level of detail Wolf ! :) Like,,,c'mon , Didn't you just undergo a nasty operation of your hand ?

Fantastic work my friend, just outstanding in every level .

Cheers

M.

14479427fy.jpg

7 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I was just going through my new Panzerwerfer book last night, and the schemes on some of the German stuff can be so great looking.

Absolutely K2.

It was probably easier to paint the full size Tiger than a 1/35 one though but it should be fun.

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee

One can't simply go all "wolf" on tiger 1 , unless it's Wolf himself. Impressively annoying level of detail Wolf ! :) Like,,,c'mon , Didn't you just undergo a nasty operation of your hand ?

Fantastic work my friend, just outstanding in every level .

Cheers

M.

Thanks Martin! Good to see you checkin' in on me.

It's hard to believe but the hand surgery was over a year and a half ago. Time flies when you're havin' fun eh?

Cheers my friend,

Wolf

Thanks for those photos Martin!

They're very interesting in that the 2nd and 4th pic clearly shows the storage bin on the back of the turret is camouflaged. Yet in the 3rd photo the bin is obviously painted a solid colour which I presume is red oxide primer. It appears as though the photos were all taken at roughly the same time as it's carrying a fuel drum on it's rear deck in each pic. Unless, of course, that was standard practice but those are the first photos I've seen where a fuel drum has consistently been carried. I'd think that would pose a wonderful target and an extreme fire hazard.

Cheers,

Wolf