Getting tanked for the New Year

Wolf Buddee

16 hours ago, Dragon said:

Looks fantastic and there's not even any paint yet!

Dang, doing those tracks would've killed my mojo!

Mike

Thanks Mike,

I've got primer on it now and other'n a few touch ups she's ready for some color. Like I mentioned to Gaz, once you get in to a rhythm, it's not too bad. It just takes a while to get a run of 96 links per run!

Cheers,

Wolf

8 hours ago, Shawn M said:

very nice!

I have the Rye Field tracks for my Academy Tiger, you're the first I've seen to use them though.

Thanks Shawn,

The tracks are absolutely brilliant once assembled and articulate just like the real deal. I was concerned when I bought them as I didn't know if they would fit the AFV kit but they do perfectly. Don't hesitate to use 'em but plan on a couple of evenings at the bench............just sayin'. <_<

Cheers,

Wolf

6 hours ago, williamj said:

Wow....That Zimmerit looks so nice..must have been fun getting it down..

can't wait to see what you do with this Wolf...:popcorn:

Thanks Bill! How was holidays?

Actually getting the Zimmerit down was pretty easy. The only difficulty was keeping the excess 5 minute epoxy off my fingers while I positioned the pieces and not smearing it over everything else I touched..........and trust me the stuff doesn't taste like chocolate! :wacko:

Cheers,

Wolf

3 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Amazing work so far Wolf - nice choice of subject too! Looking forward to seeing more!

Cheers

Alan

Thanks Alan,

I got 'er primer coated last night and she needs a couple of very small touch ups. Then it's on to paint. Hopefully I can start on that tomorrow.

Cheers,

Wolf

3 hours ago, dennismcc said:

That looks amazing, though assembling those tracks would be a bridge too far for me.

Cheers

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

Fortunately AFV has their own version of the individual track links and they look to be a lot easier to assemble. Nonetheless (now that they're done) I'm quite happy with the Rye Field Models tracks.

Cheers,

Wolf

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Armor can be wonderfully enjoyable. I have quite a few here to get back to,... one of these days.

Quite right Kev.

I have to admit it was a lot of fun building a large portion of the kit before having to paint so many small individual pieces like I would with an aircraft engine or cockpit. It's indeed a nice diversion.

Cheers,

Wolf

20 minutes ago, JeffH said:

That looks great Wolf. I have two Takom full interior kits in the stash, The Panther and the King Tiger. I just noticed on 

Sprue Bros that they have the Jagdpanther w/ interior and just snapped up one of those babies

Thanks Jeff,

How are the Takom kits? I have to admit that I'm really intrigued by Rye Field's Panther G kit with full interior.

Cheers,

Wolf

I'm still in acquisition mode on these kits. I've only watched Andy's build reviews on

YouTube. They're each a little different it seems, some good, some bad like how the shell racks

and shells are integrally molded on the King Tiger but separate on the Panther. One thing

I did notice between the review of the Rye Fields Panther vs the Takom is RFM uses PE 

for the rails that hold the torsion bars while Takom uses thin plastic. I prefer the plastic

as the PE looked a little fiddly when Andy did it in his review.

One thing all the kits have in common is the sub-assemblies in the instructions have you 

going back and forth to multiple trees to source parts. Not a big deal at all if you're organized

but I am not so going in I know I will have to whip up some sort of sprue handling system because

these things have a TON of parts and trees. 

1 hour ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Thanks Bill! How was holidays?

Actually getting the Zimmerit down was pretty easy. The only difficulty was keeping the excess 5 minute epoxy off my fingers while I positioned the pieces and not smearing it over everything else I touched..........and trust me the stuff doesn't taste like chocolate! :wacko:

Cheers,

Wolf

Hey Wolf...Holidays were great..beautiful beaches,Rented a 57 Chev and toured Havana,it was all good... except the third day there..Donna,myself and Will got food poisoning..can confirm an all nighter.

I had the shrimp,Will had the shrimp,Donna had the shrimp..Nicole didn't have the shrimp and did not have a bad night..We think it might have been the shrimp.

3 hours ago, williamj said:

Hey Wolf...Holidays were great..beautiful beaches,Rented a 57 Chev and toured Havana,it was all good... except the third day there..Donna,myself and Will got food poisoning..can confirm an all nighter.

I had the shrimp,Will had the shrimp,Donna had the shrimp..Nicole didn't have the shrimp and did not have a bad night..We think it might have been the shrimp.

So if I understand you correctly, if Bonnie and I ever visit Cuba, don't ever order the shrimp! I can also tell you that if you ever visit Austria don't order the veal! I got really sick with salmonella poisoning for a week and was nearly put in to quarantine and not allowed to fly home. That was a long time ago though so I would imagine the veal is fresher now!

Cheers,

Wolf