Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Eagle Driver

Farewell to the Tornado soon.

Recommended Posts

Sad day indeed Loved working on the GR1 and GR4. Although zone 19 (riggers spaghetti junction)  was a :BANGHEAD2: to work in at times. Will be missed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know your getting old when the latest and greatest Wonderplane" you enter service is now regarded as a Has Been.. Its really sad , but the Fin/Tonka has had a decent run for its money ,  having being in almost continuous operation since 1991 

 

Now where's out state of the Art 1/32 Tornado...!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And CSAS still is king of the low level flying (even if it was a :help: to set up at times)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm off to RAF Mahram in a few weeks time to say goodbye to the Tonka, hopefully the weather will be kind and I'll try to get some piccies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lancman said:

I'm off to RAF Mahram in a few weeks time to say goodbye to the Tonka, hopefully the weather will be kind and I'll try to get some piccies.

 

The Norfolk land shark will be sorely missed in the area i feel. I only went to Marham to do my Tonka Q courses (bay and line).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Scotsman said:

You know your getting old when the latest and greatest Wonderplane" you enter service is now regarded as a Has Been.. Its really sad , but the Fin/Tonka has had a decent run for its money ,  having being in almost continuous operation since 1991 

 

Now where's out state of the Art 1/32 Tornado...!

 

 

F-15s and F-16s still seem “new” to me.  It pains me to see the row upon row of them parked at DMAFB!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

 

 

F-15s and F-16s still seem “new” to me.  It pains me to see the row upon row of them parked at DMAFB!!

 

Buy one now! In fifty years time they will be valuable warbirds, just like the Spitfire, Mustang, 109....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, vince14 said:

Nope. The F-35 is replacing the Tornado GR.4 and Harrier GR.9/Sea Harrier fleets (although the Harriers are already gone).

I won't argue on that. But my information from 3 sources is EF-2000. Too bad if it is 35.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Eurofighter EF2000 'Typhoon'  is the replacement primarily for the Tornado F3 air defence but can and is utilised for the GR version too. The F35 is going to be the standard replacement for the Harrier GR9 and Tornado GR4

Edited by AlanG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Typhoon (it isn't referred to as the EF-2000 in the UK, though it is occasionally called the Eurofighter) is scheduled to remain in-service until 2040. It's supposed to be replaced by the yet-to-be-more-than-a-fibreglass-mock-up BAe Tempest.

 

Frontline RAF fast-jet duties will be handled by the F-35B and Typhoon until then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×