Farewell to the Tornado soon.

Eagle Driver

You know your getting old when the latest and greatest Wonderplane" you enter service is now regarded as a Has Been.. Its really sad , but the Fin/Tonka has had a decent run for its money ,  having being in almost continuous operation since 1991 

Now where's out state of the Art 1/32 Tornado...!

9 minutes ago, Lancman said:

I'm off to RAF Mahram in a few weeks time to say goodbye to the Tonka, hopefully the weather will be kind and I'll try to get some piccies.

The Norfolk land shark will be sorely missed in the area i feel. I only went to Marham to do my Tonka Q courses (bay and line).

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

F-15s and F-16s still seem “new” to me.  It pains me to see the row upon row of them parked at DMAFB!!

Buy one now! In fifty years time they will be valuable warbirds, just like the Spitfire, Mustang, 109....

The Eurofighter EF2000 'Typhoon'  is the replacement primarily for the Tornado F3 air defence but can and is utilised for the GR version too. The F35 is going to be the standard replacement for the Harrier GR9 and Tornado GR4

Edited by AlanG

The Typhoon (it isn't referred to as the EF-2000 in the UK, though it is occasionally called the Eurofighter) is scheduled to remain in-service until 2040. It's supposed to be replaced by the yet-to-be-more-than-a-fibreglass-mock-up BAe Tempest.

Frontline RAF fast-jet duties will be handled by the F-35B and Typhoon until then.

18 minutes ago, Rick Griewski said:

And... I have to get my Revell Tornado kit built before it is made obsolete by the Italiari kit.  

Rick

I must have missed this one. Is Italeri bringing out a new tool Tonka?