Hawkwrench

"White Death", it's comin!!!

I live in Northern Ky and starting early Saturday morning all the way till Sunday morning, we are supposed to get up to 6 inches of snow. We're under a Winter Storm Warning already. 

That figures though, this is my weekend to work dayshift 12 hours all weekend. Guess no modeling time during the storm! 

Anybody else getting snow from this storm system???

Tim

This year has been really light snow-wise for us here in NE. The year before last we had 3 or 4 separate storms that dumped +10" each in us. 

Guess you can never tell how bad any one storm actually us going to be.

Good luck and hopefully it's less than 6!

Haha for new year at my inlaws we got 20cm and a mild -20C

On top of what was already there

Edited by Neo

To me wishfull thinking at my place is waiting for the "palmtrees" to pop-up in my backyard, haven't had any snow that could mean something, but what isn't can always come..........

Now were are my swim trunks:hmmm:

Currently, I live in Southcentral PA and we're expecting between one and three inches between 7pm and 7am Sunday.  That's nothing but people around here lose their minds on the roads which is why I try NOT to drive in weather like this... It's not the weather, it's the nutjobs IN the weather that I'm afraid of.  I've got my brand new Simplicity Snowblower if I need it (to go with my brand new house)... I'm ready.

I used to live just north of Rome, NY in a rural part of the area and it was not uncommon to get 24" of snow in an overnight.  I lived in what's called the "snowbelt" East of Lake Ontario.  We all had snowmobiles and used them regularly with great fun when the plows hadn't begun clearing the roads yet.  That is, until the police wised up and got snowmobiles of their own. Booooo!  Barhopping on sleds was the norm in Winter and great fun was had all around....  Sometimes I miss Central NY.  Then I remember I'm getting older and don't like cold as much as I used to.

Edited by Juggernut
corrected spelling error

Well I have been lucky (but never say never) ... no white fluffy stuff but there's time  still!

Instead it's gale  force winds and drizzly rain tonight..

But I see you guys in Europe have it hard with the weather conditions...... Germany... Austria... Switzerland...

Make sure you stay safe.. 

Parts of Europe blanketed by heavy snowfall – video | World news | The Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/world/video/2019/jan/11/parts-of-europe-blanketed-by-heavy-snowfall-video

Heavy snowfall causes chaos across Europe as two snowboarders die in avalanche..

That's sad....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/01/11/heavy-snowfall-causes-chaos-across-europe/

Edited by MARU5137

18 minutes ago, Shawn M said:

woke up to a solid 1 foot of snow, been on and off all day with rain, sleet , hail and snow

Perfect modeling weather~

I agree 100%, though I haven't actually done any today,... yet. Pulling back out a big ol' 1:24 Bf 109G to resume work on, is about as far as I've gotten today.

....had a pot roast going in the slow cooker all afternoon....goes well with a nice red wine....and have enjoyed working on an A6-E model and watching the big flakes pile up....only thing that bothered going outside was the dogs..... to leave steamers...:lol: