1/32 PCM Fw 190A-4

Hacker

Not often l post a build here anymore. Quite frankly takes me a while these days to finish anything due to general life getting in the way. l managed to get this one done as the renovation industry is slow this time of year hence why l have time . This is the older Pacific Coast Model boxing of the Fw 190A-1/2/3 without the new A-4 conversion. Fortunately l have an old Haseagawa kit in an old Revell rebox version that l took the engine out of and bit and pieces for this build. l did it in the markings of an unknown pilot that flew this aircraft during the Battle of Kursk.

wUHe8p.jpg

For the BMW 801 engine l started out with this oldie that used to be in the old Hasegawa offering

XDVpI8.jpg

Y1lvhI.jpg

l made this engine with a lot of modifications and bits and pieces of brass, plastic wire and solder

m741pP.jpg

The wing gun bays were also scratch built . l used the MDC 20 mm cannons in th wings

hklQbh.jpg

Eduard PE landing flaps that were meant for the Hasegawa A-5 kit which l believe this PCM kit was based on

lA3nr8.jpg

3cHGAG.jpg

R1fvlA.jpg

r6ub0x.jpg

DISlIG.jpg

lcl73a.jpg

UXECsi.jpg

i6ffx8.jpg

Thus here is the end result. This project was without it's problems with solutions but to be honest if l was to do Another PCM 190A  l would just build it straight out of the box with scratchbuilt flaps only. Do not mind the work but l think l will stick to kits with either the engine already there like the new Revell offering. l have done other kits with some scratch built interiors but this one extended the envelop for me a bit.

Hacker..  190A-4 dusted, bench cleanup in progress, beer in hand *hic* :beer:

Edited by Hacker