Hawker Typhoon to be restored to flying condition.

D.B. Andrus

There are two Typhoons being restored to airworthy condition, one in the U.K. and one in  Canada on the west coast.

The Canadian group was able to obtain the wing section and other parts from a US collection, but I think the group in the UK will be putting theirs in the air sooner. 

Richard

I love to see rare aircraft fly.  Everyone does.  A Mustang or Spitfire, Bf 109 fore sure.  When there are so few of one particular aircraft type in museums however, it would be great to see one on static display somewhere in the  North, Center or South America side of the Atlantic.  When I saw the Tiffy in London it was just so awesome.  Tempest also.  

Another aircraft I just read about is the Handly Page Hamden the RAF museum in Cosford is restoring.  This aircraft was recovered in 1991 and it’s still underway!    The restoration even has some of the original skins with period bullit holes in it when it was lost with the VVS.   This adds more to the history which make the final exhibit even more interesting.  For me anyway.  The Bf 109F in the Canada Aviation and Space museum on static display also has a bullet hole in one of the blades.  This brings home the purpose and why they built these machines in the first place.  

Im certainly going to see the Do-17 someday when this one is finally displayed.  The FW 200 Condor is also an amazing rebuild from next to nothing and one of the most expensive restoration endeavors ever taken on by a museum.   

Looking forward to the updates but this Hawker will be in the decade category for rebuilds.  My hats off to the owners and restoration team.   We need to support these groups too.  

Troy