1/32 Intruder A

Mr b

Nope nothings is in yet. Not even started on the gear yet.

thanks for the nice words guys. I have more or less completed the decaling. Too many stencil for my linking, so not all went on....

might paint on the green slashes on the canopy frame as the decals look suspect. Due to some screw up on my part....

pics soon, after that is to dirty it up, get going on the gear...and weapons...and the final put together.....

will put some pics on soon.

rgds

mr b

Pics

my work room is like a oven, today ....so it’s too hot to do long sessions....managed a bit....so...here it is all ready for weathering.....

T2yImTH.jpg

decals worked very well......

also put together the gear....looks pretty....might dress them up with some wires....

7xdiVq2.jpg

around a month before the group build event, and around a month and a half before I move overseas....for a few years....

gives me me a few weeks to finish it off and pack n store all my modelling stuff......and I think it goes without saying I got lot of junk....

rgds

12 hours ago, Dukie99 said:

I love what you are doing here, your painting is very inspirational. Once I am done with my Su-25, I will do an Intruder, I love mudmovers:)

Cheers,

David

Thanks David, love the SU-25 nice work you got going there......yes, mud movers are great.....will await your build thread.....

hope to restart some work on mine soon.....

rgds

Hi ho folks

managed some bench or table time......

T0wPSRB.jpg

all dirtied up.....

PBCKG9i.jpg

engines are in and covers are tested in place....they don’t fit too well.....also I got one of the exhaust rings wrong way on...will tidy it up....

panel and the shroud is in......testing the wings, still can’t decide it’s to be folded on extended......maybe one of each......it’s going to be in a case n left at my family home.....as I don’t think it can follow me on my relocation..

ZOlOMd1.jpg

looks kinda nice with wings extended......

Still fair bit to go.....

rgds n happy modelling folks

Nice looking A-6 however I think the antennas on the kit pylons are too long and skinny, here is what they look like in case you want to replace them:

1089335.jpg

edit: trying linking the pic earlier but for some reason it wouldn't and edit was really slow.

Jari

Edited by Finn

Looking really nice! Man, that is a big model by the way it looks on your work table!

I need to do one of these. One of our club members flew them in 'Nam. Had three shot out from under him, and dumped one in the drink due to a cold shot (that's the one I want to do). It is actually modex 510 of the Black Panthers, as on the Trumpeter boxart, although not the same plane. His was an earlier a/c on the USS America with different tail code and bu number.

Hi guys

thanks for the motivation.....n good words.....

jari - thanks for the info, but I will leave it be....as I am already running behind schedule.....

it also a so a sad time for me, early last week, a very dear friend and modeler past away suddenly....he was a close friend and a very talented modeler as well as other things. Life is so fragile and uncertain....he had everything going for him.....and taken in his prime....rip brother u always will be with us....

managed a bit of work, getting the smaller bits done n it’s taking forever......next will be the weapons....and hopefully final assembly.....as you guys pointed out, it is big.....not much in exciting pictures

mcpFbt9.jpg

HvEBHOM.jpg

also decided to paint on the slash (not to sure if it’s the right word).....the decal did not look too good.....it was a pita to mix the green to match.....but I think it’s close enough...

hope to have a decision on the wings by the next update. Stay safe n god bless 

rgds

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks

been awhile, busy packing, rapping up my job....etc.....got some work done......this will be the final push, the gb is this coming Sunday....and more over need to pack up my supplies....I really want to finish it....wish me luck

5gY92jN.jpg

all just needs fixing....easier said then done hehehe

E8VWLlB.jpg

probe , windshield and gear on.....

dslaKhb.jpg

1JGje7k.jpg

did some lines....nice gear design n molding.....looks good

so that’s about the update, next once should see the bits on n on its display.......wish me luck......

happy modeling folks

Edited by Mr b

Thanks a lot folks

The goose is cooked....better pictures later....for the gallery n RFI...hope to take it along for the local group build tomorrow.......overall quite a nice build.....not much of modelling in the near future.....for me.....once I get settled and send for my things, will hopefully restart.....

in the meantime, hope you enjoy my mud mover.....thanks to Mark in Belgium for obliging with those wonderful decals....

ES4OMYY.jpg

best regards and happy modelling folks

brian