1/32 Intruder A

Mr b

Thanks alot guys

Mark - yes i can’t wait too....but before the grey need to put on the black bits n mask them off....the plane I am doing had lots of black bits

Hakan- i concur with your advise....i shut it off once i feel it getting too hot. Very frustrating when one is in the right groove and all pistons are focused on painting....spoils the mood

hopefully will have some color on by weekend...but somehow i feel its going to be a slow process....

rgds

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks

been busy as a bee....but managed to start the painting process......

nThs0b6.jpg

jY35IFk.jpg

r5ocjRJ.jpg

next will be to build up on this base coat....with tones and variations......my compressor is not doing well.......hopefully can get the topside finalized soon....could not even finish doing the upper tail....as the compressor was getting really hot....

rgds

....looking good!!!.....I'm enjoying following your progress-gives me a heads up of what to expect too:D.....like you,life keeps happening and keeping me from staying on a roll of working on it when I'd like to-only finished up the cockpit this evening.....but I''ve added a crew in mine-and fitting them in is a pain in the sphincter...:lol::rolleyes:

7 hours ago, Sunday Puncher Tonk said:

....looking good!!!.....I'm enjoying following your progress-gives me a heads up of what to expect too:D.....like you,life keeps happening and keeping me from staying on a roll of working on it when I'd like to-only finished up the cockpit this evening.....but I''ve added a crew in mine-and fitting them in is a pain in the sphincter...:lol::rolleyes:

Cheers, no worries.....will be nice to see some pics with the crew inside....wanted to go that route myself but decided against it as it involved more work.....yes...busy bee....syndrome.....had some free time and wanted to start the tonning work and guess what my compressor gave up the ghost....managed to do some tweaking, it lasted for a while n just died....I would need to get it repaired and maybe borrow one from my dad’s place which I gave him before just hope...it’s still working. I am most likely going overseas to live for a few years come June thus I am trying not to invest in any new tools or kits.....but I need to finish this intruder....by the way already failed on the part of adding kits to the stash....

well hope to sleep and dream up a solution.....n hope to be back soon with an update.......too be fair, the old girl was giving me signs of her inability to cope with my demand for airbrushing....lately........oh well

rgds n happy modelling folks

Edited by Mr b

Thanks guys....much appreciated 

got an update....my compressor has been repaired ....turns out the capacitor blew.....so, with the compressor working and time closing in on my upcoming move, I pressed on with the painting and finished it today.

yG4d47X.jpg

StsUxdp.jpg

not very complicated scheme......

next will be some varnish and then decalling....and then weathering....and assembly.......

rgds

3 hours ago, Sunday Puncher Tonk said:

…..since I am somewhat a "newbie" to this....what is meant by 'applying a varnish" ..??? …..I've never done anything other than the regular paint,and they look ok...:blush:

Clear gloss coat so the decals adhere without silvering, followed by a clear matte coat.

Mr. B, that paint job looks excellent! 

Thanks a lot guys much appreciated 

yes...varnish is a clear coat (I use future floor polish) to aid the decalling process n minimizing slivering....speaking of which, I have started the decalling today....so far, the AOA decals are ace and very easy to use....even the big pieces.....

XeYCPZT.jpg

still got a fair bit to go....will keep posted how I get on.....

best  Regards and happy modelling folks

brian

9 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Clear gloss coat so the decals adhere without silvering, followed by a clear matte coat.

Mr. B, that paint job looks excellent! 

....Aaah!...I see....:D ....just in the decal area-and thinned I assume for airbrushing?:blush:....would artist's matte fixative work for the matte coat?...if not,I suppose I'll have to buy a few more supplies...:lol:

7 hours ago, Mr b said:

Thanks a lot guys much appreciated 

yes...varnish is a clear coat (I use future floor polish) to aid the decalling process n minimizing slivering....speaking of which, I have started the decalling today....so far, the AOA decals are ace and very easy to use....even the big pieces.....

XeYCPZT.jpg

still got a fair bit to go....will keep posted how I get on.....

best  Regards and happy modelling folks

brian

.....thank you!...didnt know that...have you assembled the landing gear yet?gear yet?...and the engines not in yet also???....I'm loving watching your progress-makes me less apprehensive as I slowly go through mine...:lol: