1/32 Intruder A

Mr b

Thanks for the nice words guys. Chugging along.....

Got the outer wings done( nice details )stabilizer......and some minor bits n pieces...

S8VDkVs.jpg

Mounted the inner wings to the fuselage....and the Radome too....also took out the clear parts....wow....very nicely done by Trumpeter.....how did they manage it in a single part....next will be final clean up, masking n paint work.....hopefully

might just fold the wings on this one.....not too sure....any views/suggestions ?

best Regards n happy modelling folks

Cheers guys

mark- thanks for the suggestion.....it does make sense.....will finalize the config just before painting.

today got most of the airframe gaps cleaned ...next will be a nice wash down n touch up paint...or repair bad joints.....it is very impressive in size.....and the “brute n beefy” look is well portrayed....Trumpeter really did good with this kit in my opinion....but it also did cost a lot of money.....to buy...

ndhijlG.jpg

the canopy ...and windshield.....I am in real amazement on how well it is molded.....a snap to mask even with all those curves.....

zT2Z0aG.jpg

hopefully the next update will see the start of the painting process.....

rgds 

brian

...I love it!!!...I have one I'm beginning tomorrow (my first 1/32),and you are giving me a great tutorial...what do/did you use to fill gaps (I've always been too chicken to fill any I've done)...and did you use any weights in the nose or anywhere up front?....I've had to use fishing sinkers in the 1/48 that I've done because these Intruders are so tail heavy...

21 hours ago, Azgaron said:

Nice that masking the glass worked so well! :)

Håkan

It did yes....the frame was so well defined.....lovely molding by Trumpeter there

18 hours ago, mark31 said:

oo boy almost paint time :popcorn:

Mark

Yes .....hope it all works out well......

9 hours ago, themongoose said:

Love it, keep it coming! I have aGR7 in the stash so I think your build will be a help for me.

Cheers.....glad to be of help....

9 hours ago, Sunday Puncher Tonk said:

...I love it!!!...I have one I'm beginning tomorrow (my first 1/32),and you are giving me a great tutorial...what do/did you use to fill gaps (I've always been too chicken to fill any I've done)...and did you use any weights in the nose or anywhere up front?....I've had to use fishing sinkers in the 1/48 that I've done because these Intruders are so tail heavy...

Thanks ......I use a combination of stuff, usually Tamiya white putty .....some cases....super glue.....and talcum powder.....extra thin cement for this build Mainly the above then ......sand then mr surfacer.....n re sand wet ...to get a smooth finish....well that’s the principal behind it, I hate gap filling n it’s a mix bag outcome for me....mostly.....yes I stuck the last of my medium sized fishing weights in the radome....looks to be enough....I hope....if not will think of adding some in front of the instrument panel.....I did read somewhere they are tail heavy so I concur with your view.....the kit is nice, take your time with the line up the sides.....to reduce the carnage like what I had...

test the wings, I would suggest getting the wings on then join the sides.....I did it the other way around....and it will be hard to have wings flush because pushing it hard...could cause the fuselage joint to weaken....best of luck with your build....hope to see a build log going....

rgds

happy modelling folks

Hi guys,

been busy......with the real world.....managed to mask n get the primer one.....picked up some spots for further tending too.....hope to steal some time in the coming week to get it ready for paint....it’s massive...going to be a slow paint job.....

WPR24dH.jpg

the current state of affairs, oddly that some of the filling on the airbreak has gone soft, need to re do them....

best regards n happy modelling folks

brian