Jumpei Temma drawings & article on Ki-43 Hayabusa Oscar

D.B. Andrus

• D.B. Andrus changed the title to Jumpei Temma drawings & article on Ki-43

A lot of info there.

I'd hope that this will be the next Japanese plane to be re-tooled by Hasegawa, and they settle on one type. The current kit is a mix of -I, and -III features. So, while this type was very common, it became obsolete pretty quickly. Still a frontline fighter for a few years, and a last ditch fighter for the rest.

5 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Great resource Damian, arigato.

ps, have just edited the title so it's easier to find using the search engine/google.

Thanks - anything to make it easier to find. That man really is a master.

Cheers,

D.B.

4 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

A lot of info there.

I'd hope that this will be the next Japanese plane to be re-tooled by Hasegawa, and they settle on one type. The current kit is a mix of -I, and -III features. So, while this type was very common, it became obsolete pretty quickly. Still a frontline fighter for a few years, and a last ditch fighter for the rest.

I'd like that myself. I've been on a bit of a Japanese kick here lately and a new/revised Oscar would certainly be great.

13 minutes ago, LSP_Mike said:

I'd be curious which kit is better: Revell, or hasegawa

No one ever seems to talk about the Revell kit, and I personally have never even seen one. I'm curious about how they compare, too.

Kev

The Revell kit is typical of their kits of the era: raised panel lines and little interior. But the raised detail is quite fine and shapes appear OK. I would do a camouflaged one.

Lma9mdp.jpg

1BFK6T7.jpg

The interior is the most disappointing, but is there aftermarket for the Hasegawa that could be used?

vuCWLWD.jpg

Alain

Didn't notice all that dust when taking the photos, sorry!

Edited by Alain Gadbois