OV 10D - BRONCO

Squito2340

A bit of deliberation and hopefully will build more that one kit during this group build but, going to do a Bronco whilst I wait for a few bits for the Lancaster. A few scratch built items should find their way into this model. Lots of visible stuff in the cockpit area...model not started as yet. Photos to come.

Its a kit that IMHO, has gotten a bit of a bad wrap. Yes, it does have its places where old school modeling is required, and yes, has some areas that have your head scratching, but overall Ive built 2 so far, and have a 3rd and 4th in the stash to complete, so to me its a fun build. 

The only piece of AM that I believe is absolutely critical to any KHM OV-10 build are these, as the OOB gear even with adding 5 or more degrees of positive camber to the model  with weight off of the gear, will not prevent the gear from spaying out and even breaking completely (ask me how I know!) after setting. This is especially true if you are displaying the finished model on a glass display case.    

Looking forward to some updates and pics! 

OK,

Build has begun.. Still not able to upload photos( if anyone has some hints for me about using an IPad to upload photos it’d be greatly appreciated. 

So where am I:

workigon the ejection seats to be precise. I noticed that compared to the references available the the back  pad and the seat pad are way over size. I decided to make my own using the ever faithful epoxy  to be followed by two resin copies of the remodellled pads. Both are 2 mm shorter than the originals supplied in the kit and should give a better representation of the real thing! The seats themselves required a fair bit of pairing away additional plastic that’s not needed and resizing holes for correct fit og]f parts. Whilst the seat sides are over sized in thickness, I decided to leave them alone. They shouldn’t be noticed noticed  once located in the cockpit with the added wiring distracting the viewer from the inaccuracy. And I thought this would be a quick build. That glasshouse requires details as attention is naturally drawn to it.

Haven’t quite got the photo thing worked out yet however, a link to Flickr is in the previous post.

Shows beginnings of the project ( not the best photos) and original seats, original kit pads and oversized bits cut away, the original patterns for the new pads shown in situ ollowed by resin copies. Fit and look are much better. 

Edited by Squito2340

The seat pads look good to my eye honestly.

Since you are the owner of the account and uploader of the photo, you should be able to get to some opinions for links to the photos. 

If you can get to any of the links that have  the .jpg, .png, .gif ext, ect, then you can just paste it in the thread and the software will automatically show the pic and not the link.