Late War RLM usage of 81/82, etc.

Guest Vincent
3 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I don’t know.  You can’t see the compass because of the housing it’s inside of :)

Name the color of the housing

-_-

1 hour ago, mattlow said:

Many of Jerry's books were at the higher end of the cost spectrum when on general release (not saying they weren't worth every £/$).

Now they seem to be the domain of rather high collector prices.

So keep your eyes peeled for a bargain (I have picked up Eagle Editions/Classic books in charity shops for very reasonable prices). Otherwise, hope for reprints..

Matt

Yes, I've seen some of those collector prices on EBay.  and every book listed on EBAY is either in US or USA.  Unfortunately, shipping from the US is murderously expensive.  Funnily, there are no listing here in AUS. 

3 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Well...  If Anything, this thread has inspired me to look for Jerry Crandall's Books.  However, my favorite bookseller lists all of Jerry's titles on it's site as unavailable.   Anyone know a good place(s) to find them?

Gaz

Gaz, give Craig a call from aeroworks he's in Adelaide. Luftwaffe is is specialty. 

I've got both volumes you wont be dissapointed. 

Cheers Bevan 

23 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

I've several of Jerrys books, and a couple of his prints, including one signed by Hartmann and a few others. Jerry is very much a gracious host, as is his wonderful wife Judy.

Yep, very nice folks  :clap2:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Vincent

Hint : Those interested in research on german paint industry during WW2 that can read german and have access to the Bundesarchivs should go there and search for the material regarding a company called "Deutsche Revisions- und Treuhand AG".

It will open a whole new world into german aircraft production and its sub contractors.

;)

Vincent

Edited by Vincent/MDC

8 hours ago, Vincent/MDC said:

Hint : Those interested in research on german paint industry during WW2 that can read german and have access to the Bundesarchivs should go there and search for the material regarding a company called "Deutsche Revisions- und Treuhand AG".

It will open a whole new world into german aircraft production and its sub contractors.

;)

Vincent

Werde es am WE mal angreifen... ;-)

Danke und Gruss

Uwe

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know if you guys have seen this but it's an interesting article over on HS about paint used on the Do335.   According to the info in the article, when they made the transition from 70/71 to 81/82, it was specified that any remaining stocks of the older paints could be added to the new equivalents to maximize the inventories of these paints. 

worth a read...

http://www.clubhyper.com/reference/do335camomu_1.htm