D.B. Andrus

Late War RLM usage of 81/82, etc.

10 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Well...  If Anything, this thread has inspired me to look for Jerry Crandall's Books.  However, my favorite bookseller lists all of Jerry's titles on it's site as unavailable.   Anyone know a good place(s) to find them?

Many of Jerry's books were at the higher end of the cost spectrum when on general release (not saying they weren't worth every £/$).

Now they seem to be the domain of rather high collector prices.

So keep your eyes peeled for a bargain (I have picked up Eagle Editions/Classic books in charity shops for very reasonable prices). Otherwise, hope for reprints..

Matt

18 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

STOP THE PRESSES!!!  NEW RESEARCH JUST UNEARTHED!!!

1wcdNY.png

Discuss... :)

According to my extensive research (that I'm not inclined to share with anyone), in the closing days of the war, the RLM issued an urgent command to re-label these paints using a hyphen.  The correct designation was actually RLM-XX (ie RLM-81, RLM-82, etc).    You heretics need to step up your game.  If you can't even use the proper designation for this paint, how can I depend on you to provide any useful information as to it's actual color / mode of application.

Discuss....

16 minutes ago, Gazzas said:

Well...  If Anything, this thread has inspired me to look for Jerry Crandall's Books.  However, my favorite bookseller lists all of Jerry's titles on it's site as unavailable.   Anyone know a good place(s) to find them?

Gaz

Google search + 5s gives this : https://www.ebay.com/b/jerry-crandall/bn_7024804572

Just now, John1 said:

According to my extensive research (that I'm not inclined to share with anyone), in the closing days of the war, the RLM issued an urgent command to re-label these paints using a hyphen.  The correct designation was actually RLM-XX (ie RLM-81, RLM-82, etc).    You heretics need to step up your game.  If you can't even use the proper designation for this paint, how can I depend on you to provide any useful information as to it's actual color / mode of application.

Discuss....

That is total bs. Goering's daughter gave me all her dad's material after a passionate but short affair. I can assure you that the hypen is a myth introduced by the incorrect translation of the german Schulmeck dialect. It should be a +, RLM+81 etc

The compositions were stolen by Ferdinand Porsche who went to build successfull cars after the war with these new formulations requiring no metal to paint on

3 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

I don’t know.  You can’t see the compass because of the housing it’s inside of :)

Name the color of the housing

-_-

1 hour ago, mattlow said:

Many of Jerry's books were at the higher end of the cost spectrum when on general release (not saying they weren't worth every £/$).

Now they seem to be the domain of rather high collector prices.

So keep your eyes peeled for a bargain (I have picked up Eagle Editions/Classic books in charity shops for very reasonable prices). Otherwise, hope for reprints..

Matt

Yes, I've seen some of those collector prices on EBay.  and every book listed on EBAY is either in US or USA.  Unfortunately, shipping from the US is murderously expensive.  Funnily, there are no listing here in AUS. 

3 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Gaz

Gaz, give Craig a call from aeroworks he's in Adelaide. Luftwaffe is is specialty. 

I've got both volumes you wont be dissapointed. 

Cheers Bevan