Late War RLM usage of 81/82, etc.

Guys,

Can everyone take a step back?  I think I speak for most of the people viewing this thread, I'm a "non-expert" who just finds this subject to fascinating.   I would really appreciate it if everyone could lose the hurt feelings and just remain in this thread (or at minimum, don't go back a delete previous posted comments).    I've gained invaluable info from pretty much every post in this thread and was hoping it would continue as a general repository for pictures and knowledge on this subject.  Not gonna happen if all the smart guys storm away due to hurt feelings or perceived slights.  

Can you please revisit your decisions?  This thread is pretty special....

Edited by John1

Guest Vincent
6 minutes ago, John1 said:

Guys,

Can everyone take a step back?  I think I speak for most of the people viewing this thread, I'm a "non-expert" who just finds this subject to fascinating.   I would really appreciate it if everyone could loose the hurt feelings and just remain in this thread (or at minimum, don't go back a delete previous posted comments).    I've gained invaluable info from pretty much every post in this thread and was hoping it would continue as a general repository for pictures and knowledge on this subject.  Not gonna happen if all the smart guys storm away due to hurt feelings or perceived slights.  

Can you please revisit your decisions?  This thread is pretty special....

Do not worry, the real experts will come back since i'm stopping contributing

Please don't remove your contributions Vincent.

I suppose getting to page 17 without a 'meltdown' was an achievement... :)

I read most of Ullmann's Luftwaffe Colours  1935-1945 yesterday and am still reeling somewhat, especially from the detail and plethora of numeric designations of the lacquers and the lacquer groups some of your explanations above have been very useful in making sense of what they actually mean (which is why they're valuable stuff).

If I come across anything else which I think is useful, I'll post it here. Maybe others will chip in. I hope you'll leave your contributions Vincent and I hope you continue to watch and maybe contribute Padraic.

Matt 

5 minutes ago, Vincent/MDC said:

Do not worry, the real experts will come back since i'm stopping contributing

You really took the time to remove all your posts / pictures because of a difference of opinion with one member?   

I guess it sucks for the rest of us who actually benefited from your content.   Hope you feel better by doing this, I just need to find a head-shaking emoji now.  

Guest Vincent
1 minute ago, John1 said:

You really took the time to remove all your posts / pictures because of a difference of opinion with one member?   

I guess it sucks for the rest of us who actually benefited from your content.   Hope you feel better by doing this, I just need to find a head-shaking emoji now.  

The research material i have costed me both a lot time and a lot of money. If when sharing it i'm been called insulting or whatever, then i prefer to leave that space for people whose first language is english. They will provide all the needed informations, don't worry

3 minutes ago, Vincent/MDC said:

The research material i have costed me both a lot time and a lot of money. If when sharing it i'm been called insulting or whatever, then i prefer to leave that space for people whose first language is english. They will provide all the needed informations, don't worry

Vincent!!  We had 249 replies and 6,842 views on this thread. You fell out with one person, I think the rest of us were more than happy with the material that was being presented.. the very fact you have access to primary sources is what made your contribution so useful.... You English is as good as many folk who were born and bred here... 

This s a big shame... :(

Matt

Guest Vincent
2 minutes ago, mattlow said:

This s a big shame... :(

You tell that to Conway who not only compares me to a loud drunk in a pub but also accuses me to have gotten his favourite experts out of the thread.

Enough is enough !

Edited by Vincent/MDC

Vincent

As initiator of the thread and as one who has appreciates all that have contributed I ask you to stay. If that is not possible in your view, please leave your posts intact as there is valuable research and insight therein. All Luftwaffe camouflage aficionados relish information that comes from one that has access to primary sources and has the skill to interpret such material. The most noble of efforts is to pass along one's efforts to those less informed, myself included, regardless of feedback that one finds disagreeable.

I hope you will reconsider, my friend.

Best Regards

D.B.

Vincent

En tant qu'initiateur du fil et en tant que personne ayant apprécié tout ce qui a contribué, je vous demande de rester. Si cela n’est pas possible à vos yeux, laissez vos messages intacts, car ils contiennent des recherches et des idées intéressantes. Tous les aficionados du camouflage de la Luftwaffe raffolent des informations émanant de personnes ayant accès à des sources primaires et capables d’interpréter ces informations. Le plus noble des efforts est de transmettre ses efforts à ceux qui sont moins informés, moi-même inclus, indépendamment des réactions jugées désagréables.

J'espère que vous allez reconsidérer, mon ami.

Meilleures salutations,

D.B

S'il vous plaît pardonnez Google Translate, c'est le meilleur que je pourrais trouver.

So I am back here on this so informative topic, only to see the the "forum´s menace" has struck again... Initially I wanted to thank all for this valuable exchange of information and help, but now I am somehow shocked to see Vincent remove his contributions.

I feel sad that a fine thread has gone down the drain. As another no-native speaker I think I can understand the problems of people interacting in a language that isn´t their mother tongue. Too bad this sometime gets personal, with consequences for all of us who enjoyed the information shared here alot, especially yours, Vincent! Don´t know what to say, I feel sad.

@ Vincent: I hope you might be able to have your posts restored. What a loss for many of us because of this!

Edited by Wurzacher
Trying to catch up with some spelling errors...

File under "taking my ball and going home".   Never ceases to amaze me that grownups could actually get heated over something as trivial as the proper application of paint on an airplane. 

Ahh well, I'm sure this thread will persevere.  

The topic of paint history and the technicalities of it's application can be an interesting discussion.

Replicating it accurately on a model is something entirely different and can be confusing and rather inconclusive to some people.

2c3Ltug.gif

Edited by MikeMaben

Guest Vincent
49 minutes ago, Radub said:

If you really care about your research findings, then why not fight for them?

Radu 

because i'm not an academic and not a native english speaker which means whatever i write will be uncorrectly understood