Painting not gone well - have you had this?

Stevepd

I had time today to progress my Tornado. I almost always use Xtracrylix and up to now have never had any paint issues. However I sprayed the model DSG and brought it inside to go off (freezing in the garage). I came back to it a couple of hours later and saw this brown stain patching effect all over the model. Any ideas or habve you seen this before?

45764365405_0618c4c820_k.jpg

45764364795_fe177cdb59_k.jpg

46679374781_6665e8d9fb_k.jpg

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

I’ve checked in the airbrush paint pot and there is no floating film. I’ve decanted it back into its pot, given it a rigorous shake and put it in the airing cupboard to warm it through.

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

I may be inclined to use something VERY fine to strain the paint through after taking the AB completely apart and cleaning every square mm of it. On several different occasions I have seen weird stuff from dirty ABs. Not saying that is the cause, as the blemishes are strange indeed, but good to eliminate something like a dirty AB or contaminated paint. 

I might even try to shoot something completely different through it, to see if there is any change or blotching. 

I cleaned the airbrush as it hadn’t been used for some months prior to the Tornado. The paint was left in the airing cupboard and occasionally shakes. I’ve resprayed it this afternoon and it’s worked a treat. I suspect I did not shake the pot enough having sat around for a bit, so human error.

Steve.