dashotgun

group buy for 1:1 scale P 51 only 4.5 milliion

Wow! that's cool, looks like an ex Honduran AF?  You could probably recover quite a bit selling of those part if its turned into a museum piece. Too rich for my blood though. Thanks for posting that up. 

Wow, that reminds me of the guy who helped with the filming of BOB and sold off his garage full of "109s" used in the film along with just such a HUGE stash of engines. Looks just like his garage too. 

If anyone has ever been to Oshkosh for EAAs AirVenture, there is a bulletin board near show center that has many, many warbirds for sale. Anything from multiple T-28s for 750,000 up to 2,000,000, to unrestored P-51s and restored P-51s from 500,000 to 5,000,000.    Quite an eye opener to see those prices.

AAMOF, I started a commission job for just such a gentlemen who owned  "Dixie Boy", a fully restored P-51 w/jump seat. He paid near 800,000 for the Mustang that was flow by the Guatemalan AF (looked JUST like the one above actually) and dumped 2,800,000 into it...................

I quoted him $500 to do the model even though it was a single engine since it was going to be covered in foil and polished; He REFUSED siting $500 was "too much to spend".   I guess that is how the rich stay rich, by being really weird with their money. 

I ended up still doing the commission, but sold it at a discount to Fred C, who used to be an LSP member, and commissioned me to complete the model for him. 

This would look spectacular in my driveway! I would need three more garages for all the spares though and a lottery win to afford it all. Great find though, that's an impressive amount of spare parts!!

This one DOES come with +20 RR engines and spares.  Not sure if it makes up for the extra money, but it would be fun to have problems like deciding which war-bird you wanted to buy. 

This Mustang is from the same ole geezer down in Texas who is selling off the Spanish built Me-109s.... “don’t need no bargain hunters coming on down here now, let me tell ya....” 

He’s gambling on that price based on several factors... that are all post WWII... as posted above, you would be better off buying a fully restored and airworthy Mustang.

20 Merlins that in all probability ALL are in desperate need of overhaul and that is no easy or cheap feat either... 

This ain’t the deal it looks to be... and if it was, someone from the warbird community such as K. Weeks would already have bought it all...

Cheers

Alan