Revell super Hornet

Scotsman

Am I seeing this correctly? On page 14/64 it says to shave off 0.5mm and cutout 2mm in a slot? What the h*** did Revell do all these months? Last I remember, we were supossed to be getting a super kit where both the E and the F version were build options? The flash removal is acceptable, but shaving parts to fit? I have to give them credit for being honest... but, seriously? What gives??

Cheers

Alan

I can see not getting an E and F in the same box as almost everyone has made two separate releases.  The issue about shaving down a bulkhead and enlarging a notch almost seems like they encountered some fit issues on the test shot, and instead of fixing the mold, just provided instructions for the modeler to fix it themselves.

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I can see not getting an E and F in the same box as almost everyone has made two separate releases.  The issue about shaving down a bulkhead and enlarging a notch almost seems like they encountered some fit issues on the test shot, and instead of fixing the mold, just provided instructions for the modeler to fix it themselves.

This comes close !

8 hours ago, Shawn M said:

I saw a lot of good things and a lot of complexity that seemed out of place for a revell kit.

That said its a good opportunity to build a naked hornet out on a flight test. I see them here frequently.

I don't generally see them, but I sure as heck hear them.

16 hours ago, alaninaustria said:

Last I remember, we were supossed to be getting a super kit where both the E and the F version were build options?

Cheers

Alan

That was never the case. It has always been the E first, then the F, then the EA-18G. In what amount of time was unknown.

My hope is they actually fixed the spine, but the instructions and build up are from the original test shot that was shown. I guess we'll know for certain when the kit is actually released.

A new spine and correcting most other big flaws would have meant heavy mould modifications. The didn't even modify small areas to ease assembly, so they most probably haven't modified the big issues either. Let's wait and see, but this one will probably be a very big disappointment and a huge missed chance.

32 minutes ago, Starfighter said:

A new spine and correcting most other big flaws would have meant heavy mould modifications. The didn't even modify small areas to ease assembly, so they most probably haven't modified the big issues either. Let's wait and see, but this one will probably be a very big disappointment and a huge missed chance.

I know man but I'm hoping they somehow did otherwise why bother telling to scrape of plastic in the middle ?

I'll wait and see I do however LOVE the smaller details the pit in general, the gears and gear bays way ahead of the trumpy ones. It actually looks rigid enough to hold...time will tell mate time will tell.

Cheers

Frederick Jacobs

3 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

That was never the case. It has always been the E first, then the F, then the EA-18G. In what amount of time was unknown.

A rep from Revell who I spoke too at Telford suggested at least two years before another version might become available?

Another rep was also concerned about the undercart over complexities.

I guess all will be revealed in due course!

Has anyone here built any of the Trumpeter 1/32 Super Hornets?

I have just spent an hour knocking around the 'net and they seem to get very mixed reviews.  A review at FSM really praised the kit as looking great and being very easy to build, unlike other Trumpeter 1/32 builds.  Other modelers at forums have said the panel line detail is too shallow, overall detail is poor, and that everything looks "clunky" like it was a smaller scale kit blown up to 1/32.

One modeler said the weapons it comes with are horrible and must be replaced.

Then there are a few comments  in this thread saying it is a difficult build.

Anyone care to share their opinion on these kits?

Edited by ringleheim