Revell super Hornet

Scotsman

It looks as though the long awaited Revell Super Hornet is finally breaking cover - Feb  they're saying I know we're heard that before  , but to prove it this time we've got the instruction sheet

Instruction sheet

The only issue I have is that the main u/C legs are multi part , and will  need replacing with something more substantial , but other than that , to my inexpert eye , it looks a better option than the Trumpter model... Have it !

colinR

2 hours ago, RNoAF said:

And im sure its going to be cheaper than the Trumpeter kit.

80 Euro retail.

https://www.revell.de/en/products/modelmaking/planes/military-planes/f-a-18e-super-hornet-revell.html

58 Euro preorder at Hannants.

https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/RV4994

Agree that the flat spine looks pretty bad.  Rest looks OK, but that center fuselage/intake/MLG well assembly looks very complex.

Edited by Dave Williams

14 minutes ago, Shawn M said:

I saw..........a lot of complexity that seemed out of place for a revell kit.

Looking at the instructions I noticed that too, especially in places like the wheel wells. It seems a lot of parts for such an area, but we will probably have to wait till the kit is in hands to know for sure. 

Having seen it in the flesh several times already, I can tell you this kit has massive shape issues. Radome, Canopy, spine and the distance between the engines, just to name a few. I for one will certainly keep my Trumpeter kits which are annoying to assemble but capture the overall shape much better than the Revell kit. The Revell instructions seem to confirm what I've heard about the assembly... 

3 hours ago, Ossington 1 said:

Hmmmm. It's a bit worrying when a brand new mould suggests 'remove flash' and 'file off .5mm' from jointing surfaces. I fancy one, but it looks a lot more complex than the Hasegawa version. I don't want a putty monster if I can avoid it. Let's wait and see.

Yes that is an odd note.

It's like if you bought a new car and there were instructions to fix dents here ---------->.

I wouldn't mind the note lumped in with the other ones like "don't eat this", "glue here," and "paint here", but to call out on specific parts is concerning.

As far as the spine, at first I could dismiss a as Photoshop error, but looking at the CAD panel lines it does look flat. The spine on the Trumpeter one is a bit off to in my observation.

The Revell glare shield is much better though, with the Trumpeter one looking like one half of a Silly putty egg container!

Ryan

Edited by Ryan