Wedell Williams type 45 1935 from scratch scale 1/32

Marcin_Matejko

Hi,

It's nice to see your another racer :) Well done! I like the paint job. Very nice gloss and no orange peel effect. I bet it is a nice addition to your collection. Is it all yet or is there any other racer to complete it? What's next?

Best regards,

Piotr

It's nice to see your another racer :) Well done! I like the paint job. Very nice gloss and no orange peel effect. I bet it is a nice addition to your collection. Is it all yet or is there any other racer to complete it? What's next?

Hi Piotr, thank you for the kind words. It was a fairly quick project, a simple plane but a little bit of documentation. There are a few small mistakes, but in the end I'm happy. He landed on a shelf in our club model shop among my other racers. Now I think "Time Flies" or "Golden Hornet" but I also think about "Paris" P11c, I haven't decided yet but "Time Fies" intrigues me.

c762769f011dc169.jpg

6ea8dfc9fbc13cab.jpg

Hawks Miller HM-1 looks nice but have you ever considered building one of the Schneider Trophy racers? 

Some day I'd like to scratch-build the RWD-6 the Polish built winner of the Challenge 1932

Hi Piotr,

I like the Schneider Trophy racers a lot. I even have some 1/32 model kits to build. I especially like the Italian machines.

RWD 6 is a good idea, I have been thinking about them for several years, just like about RWD 9, I even made plans on the appropriate scale. But so far I have run out of enthusiasm. I have too many projects underway and it's hard to decide what to finish.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/28/2022 at 4:36 AM, Marcin_Matejko said:

I also made a traditional base for the model and figure. This is a complete kit, a ready-made model.

ee414c3f92c517b4.jpg

bb3ee6674d2b352c.jpg

5703c95a35df87ab.jpg

569e0569a999b6bf.jpg

620b1431f9a74669.jpg

The end :-)

Really a great model, congrats! I just buy from ebay many williams bros racers, I just fell in love with these brand I hope it came alive again, I question you make a new prop from aluminium and polished it? 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for posting, I missed the final update until now, its a great and unusual model.

Congrats on the birth of your Daughter.

I look forward to seeing whatever you decide to build next.

Malc.