Chek

Airfix 1/48 Hunter released

Just a heads up that the long awaited Hunter is on its way, having been invoiced today for my Wonderland Models pre-order.

While the big and beautiful Revell Hunters have pride of place on my shelves, a handful of smaller but equally well detailed kits will be very welcome to display a variety of colour schemes.

It'll be nice to face them forward to the viewer, as both my fat-nosed Academy versions have been presenting their jet pipe ends for years to hide their biggest flaw that was never addressed.

I'm Revelled out in 1/32, including the Fisher T.7 set, all of which have nearer scale thickness clear parts.

However, the Airfix F.6 kit does look good; and there's the Aerocraft T.7 etc conversion on the way (why oh why, Airfix, did you decide not to make an OOB T.7? That might have been a scale shifter) — and an F.4 boxing due later this year, which makes a good basis for an FAA GA.11 and Swedish Acro J.34 Hunter. 

Am more pleased about the new tool 1/72 FAA Buccaneer S.2 and alleged repop of the 1/48 FAW.2 Sea Vixen. 

Tony 

18 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Sigh.... still no new Vulcan. 

yes, but you of all people should know that's because it will only be bought by 0.00000000001% of the world's population!

:m0152:

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Sigh.... still no new Vulcan. 

There's the Trumpeter manbag size edition. 

But agree. Want one in 1/48 with great gallumping fuselage frames visible in its gizzards.

Tony 

I might have to grab me one of these. My father was in the RAF on national service (unfortunately an armourer and not as god's chosen trade of Rigger) with 26 Sqn and i would love to build one for him.

On 1/8/2019 at 12:55 PM, nmayhew said:

yes, but you of all people should know that's because it will only be bought by 0.00000000001% of the world's population!

As opposed to the 0,0000000000000000001% who have any interest in the Valiant and Victor, both of which Airfix has done.  And despite the ridiculous prices the now 35 year old Vulcan monstrosity still garners.

15 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

As opposed to the 0,0000000000000000001% who have any interest in the Valiant and Victor, both of which Airfix has done.

You may be right from a Yank point of view, but do you really know what British aircraft modellers feel about the V-Force bombers?

31 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

As opposed to the 0,0000000000000000001% who have any interest in the Valiant and Victor, both of which Airfix has done.  And despite the ridiculous prices the now 35 year old Vulcan monstrosity still garners.

Count me in the 10E-17% who was incredibly jazzed to get a new tool Victor.  I have two of the original release and two of the new K2/SR2 release.  If they did a new tool Vulcan, I’d be beside myself!

9 hours ago, mozart said:

You may be right from a Yank point of view, but do you really know what British aircraft modellers feel about the V-Force bombers?

And that goes QUADRUPLE for the Vulcan.  They’ll sell a new Vulcan 200:1 over the Valiant and 20:1 over the Victor.

On 1/8/2019 at 2:55 PM, nmayhew said:

I think you mean 0.0000000001% of the world's model making population!

That's even smaller!

On 1/12/2019 at 5:55 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

'Scuse me, I'll take the Victor over the Vulcan any day - it still looks futuristic today.  And while we're at it, the Valiant is a fascinating and strangely beautiful aircraft too.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:29 AM, Tony T said:

I'm Revelled out in 1/32, including the Fisher T.7 set, all of which have nearer scale thickness clear parts.

Me too, with one down, and two in the stash, including a Fisher T7.