Revell Mosquito.

Mr Creosote

My entry in The Multi Engine GB is to going to be  a Mosquito FB MK VI out of the Revell B MKVI with the help of some Paragon resin and a bit of scratch-building.  

If all goes well it will be finished as HR399 OB-R of #45 Squadron. 

plXdcxQaj

pnkYrnDsj

Edited by Mr Creosote

Long since OOP ,

I got  one of these sets 10 years  or so back  and  I still have the Paragon PRs and rails and no one is getting them from me!

I tried this conversion and never managed to complete it , thank goodness for Tamiya!

Mr C - Good luck!

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:14 AM, rigor said:

Nice will be watching. Who makes the wheels. And where did you get them from 

Thanks. I don't know who produced these wheels. I bought my Mosquito kits from a LSPer named James. [Sorry I don't remember his last name.] And the wheels came with those along with the Paragon sets.

• 8 months later...

Work continues on my Mosquito despite other projects that delayed this build. 

I have prioritized this build by tackling the time consuming problem areas first.

For this build these areas are the wings and nacelles.

Both wings were warped both span and cord-wise with the port wing being  the least warped and the starboard wing the worst.

bs6ub7.jpg

4f6fAp.jpg

My solution was to use brass tubing attached to the lower wing halfs held in place with sheet plastic "saddles".

xvDKfL.jpg

The port wing.

7z02Yu.jpg

And the starboard. 

The brass rod for each wing was only glued ,with CA, inboard of the nacelles.  This would allow the brass rod to 'float" if I needed to adjust the any misalignment of outer wing panels.  

The forward tab was notched and an opening was made for a brass rod that will be inserted into the tubing when the wings are attached to the fuselage. The rod will run nearly the length of the tubing in each wing. This is probably overkill but it will make for a solid join.

KLUhw2.jpgCw4Je0.jpg

All in all an old school solution for an old school kit. 

RD

Edited by Mr Creosote
mis spelling