Tamiya F-4J VMFA-334 Falcons AOA decals

dmthamade

Hard to believe the incredible amount and variety of builds happening!! Will be an enjoyable GB!! Going to join in with a Tamiya F-4J Marines boxing. Differences from the earlier F-4J issue are the sprue from the F-4C/D kit that include Mk 82s , MERs and TERs as well as a new sprue that has outer wing pylons. Will be mostly OOB but will use the AOA decals for VMFA-334, load out will be either AMS Mk 77 nape on MER centerline with 3 cans, Mk 77 on TERs inner flat two, LAU-33 Zuni pods on LAU-7 launchers on inner pylons inner rails and two wing tanks, OR instead of the two nape on the inner pylons i can do three Mk-82 Snakeyes instead. Not really a colorful, flamboyant scheme that Navair or MAG squadrons displayed, think the loadout will be the feature.

bKPLFT.jpg

VANrt0.jpg

XWzfY8.jpg

Don

It's been a while since i've built anything, looking forward to the build. While going through aftermarket stuff l found some Snakeyes done by VideoAviation. Nice stuff, and have a new loadout. 2 wing tanks, 2 Mk-77s  on each inner pylons on TERs flat, LAU-33s on the inner pylon LAU-7 rails, and 4 Mk-82 Snakeyes on the centerline. Nice variety, going to see if AIM-7 in the front wells is viable.

ckZ84I.jpg

Everything up on the board!!

bqEi87.jpg

I've built a few of the Tamiya Phantoms so i have a pretty good idea what's ahead. Will start in tomorrow.

Don