Fieseler Fi156 Storch

Wouter

Hi all,

long time since I have posted anything related to one of my builds. But I'm still here and checking in regularly. Mat asked me how I solved the PE puzzle Eduard made of it's manual regarding the seats. Altough this build is currently not my active build I made some pictures for him. So Mat, here you go :-).

UfFpAl8.jpg

Here's the seat with part 23/24 attached.

WjFg4Dv.jpg

I haven't yet attached parts 45/46 and 47/48, but here's a pic from the Fi156 manual and one reference picture

KgU6zq5.jpg

qK17ftP.jpg

I did some test fitting of the chairs and I'm not sure if you wan't to attach 45/46 and 47/48 to the kit. The front side of the front seat is attached to a bar. Without the triangular parts the seat is level with the floor which looks right to my eye. With the triangular parts the seat would tilt forward.

oRc6IT6.jpg 

960fBR4.jpg

Hope this helps Mat.

Cheers, Wouter

Great build and an interesting subject.  I watched one of these being put through her paces at Fantasy of Flight in Florida in 2012 which was fascinating.  It took only four seconds from dead stop to get airborne, such was the amount of lift generated.  The pilot told me afterwards that left turns took some effort at low speed because of the combined effects of the prop torque and the wings slat popping out. :lol:

Cheers,

Michael