1/32 B-29?

Ryan

Yes, NEAM used to be a regular stop for me after landing at Hartford and staying overnight at a nearby motel, en route to Amherst. 

I think the attraction of small scale is mostly hand painting but, yes, the latest are all tweezers and touch'n'flow. The secret is not to start drinking before 3pm. (Just kidding - but 5pm is better.) 

The biggest kit on my shopping list is the Tanmodel 1/32 Su-33 Sea Flanker. I'm bracing myself in anticipation of a high price, and hoping they will sell the canopy parts as a separate set to fix up the Trumpeter Su-27 Flanker B. In fact, they could release that first to bring in some money. 

Tony 

52 minutes ago, Tony T said:

The secret is not to start drinking before 3pm. (Just kidding - but 5pm is better.) 

Dooh!!!  I've apparently violated that secret rule, since I'm enjoying a nice coffee stout while watching some football.  

Cheers!

Edited by John1

59 minutes ago, Tony T said:

The biggest kit on my shopping list is the Tanmodel 1/32 Su-33 Sea Flanker. I'm bracing myself in anticipation of a high price, and hoping they will sell the canopy parts as a separate set to fix up the Trumpeter Su-27 Flanker B. In fact, they could release that first to bring in some money. 

Tony 

yes yes yes, awesome idea.

I would LOVE a 1/32 B-29 (done right,  meaning ACCURATE)!  I also don't understand the idea that a finished model MUST reside in a "display case".  I have seen several modelers hand their large planes from a hook in the wall, nose first. There is also the option of displaying them from the ceiling, hanging from a hook.  I have several 1/32 4-engine bombers in my stash and intend on hanging them, nose first on the wall in my office.  A display case shouldn't dictate whether or not I can get a model that I want.  And WHEN they release a 1/32 B-52, I will definitely get one and hand it from the wall/ceiling.  Just sayin'.

Take Care,

Jim  

8 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

My ALL time favorite bomber!

Regardless of who makes it nor the medium it's in, I will be getting a 32nd B-58.

OH YES!!!!

Barry

28 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

My ALL time favorite bomber!

Regardless of who makes it nor the medium it's in, I will be getting a 32nd B-58.

Me too Brian!........just how big would a 1/32 Hustler be?

Cheer's,

Jeff.

Seems like a lot of the "interest" in a 1/32 B-29 is just to say you have it, not to actually build it and display it. The amount of space that would be needed to display it eludes probably 95% of us, and the cost would put it out of reach for most.  But in an arms race, people just want to say they have it.  Like the giant Lancaster/B-24/B-17 kits.  Fraction of the ones that are sold ever get built, the rest gather dust as trophies.

Matt 

11 hours ago, LSP_Mike said:

K2, When I say stigma, I mean perhaps more from the Japanese perspective. I get your point about pearl, but again, I think they are apples ....and radishes in comparison. In my mind, one is a battle, albeit a significant one, and the other tied irrevocably to  two events that altered history. Altered as in :ushered in a new age that cannot be gone back from.

perhaps the more valid point is sheer size. My display case is sized to fit the B-25. I'll get a B-25, Felixstowe, and some other similar planes in there. I do not have the -17, 24, or Lanc, and I like the idea of the B-29, but it is just too big for me.  Everyone has their own take, but the size alone is a diminishing return.

Apples and radishes indeed! 

That said, the 1/32 vacform/ scatchbuild B29 above is phenomenal. Just getting it in the photos must have taken work!

Edited by Pup7309

6 minutes ago, Pup7309 said:

Yep apples and radishes: battles between armed combatants vs. firebombing and atomic destruction of cities and their civilian populations.

I've visited more than a few modeling sites where the majority of the modelers are Japanese, and they seem to have a voracious appetite for anything military related. I don't believe for a minute that Japanese modelers represent the Japanese culture as a whoe or vice versa.

1 hour ago, Pup7309 said:

Yep apples and radishes: battles between armed combatants vs. firebombing and atomic destruction of cities and their civilian populations. 

Pleas don't go there, very loaded subject, likely to promote hostile responses. Just sayin'.

If there ever was a time to release one it’s now or in the next couple of years. Lots of hobbyists with interest in the subject and a reasonable disposable income.

I agree it would seem impractical due to size. But as some one has sagely  pointed out buying and building are two different things...