1/32 B-29?

Ryan

2 hours ago, D.B. Andrus said:

Pleas don't go there, very loaded subject, likely to promote hostile responses. Just sayin'.

Didn’t want to. Was giving final response to arguments  comparing these to other military events.

I have removed the comment in case it is taken out of context. Modeling and historical events are connected obviously, but it’s a hobby, for enjoyment in the end.

If someone makes a 32 scale B 29 and it goes well there, great. But a P38 and B29 can’t be compared in their historic associations. 

...but if you’re comparing the 2 in a modelling sense the P38 would take up a lot less space.  But each to their own :)

Edited by Pup7309

10 hours ago, Plasto said:

Interestingly that we’re happy to contemplate the purchase of a kit without any possible intent to build is quite interesting in itself... 

Perhaps the collector market might be the key to sales here? 

I'm definitely a collector/modeller of LSP kits, and I very much enjoy taking them out of their hiding places occasionally to assess if I wish to make them at any particular time. 

Some make it and some don't of course, but I still buy more of them all the same!

When it's time to go I hope other modellers enjoy owning them as much as I have over my many years of collecting.

I also collect LSP decals, they'll probably never all make it onto models but I love looking at the pure beauty of the artworks and that's enjoyment for me too!  

Funny old bunch aren't we?

You pays yer money and takes yer choice I suppose!!   :rolleyes:

11 hours ago, Pup7309 said:

Didn’t want to. Was giving final response to arguments  comparing these to other military events.

I have removed the comment in case it is taken out of context. Modeling and historical events are connected obviously, but it’s a hobby, for enjoyment in the end.

If someone makes a 32 scale B 29 and it goes well there, great. But a P38 and B29 can’t be compared in their historic associations. 

...but if you’re comparing the 2 in a modelling sense the P38 would take up a lot less space.  But each to their own :)

I wold buy and build a p-38, almost no chance I would buy a 1/32 B-29.  Call me bad names but a 1/48 B-29 would be more than enough, not sure I would buy one of those either, but would prefer my 4 engine bombers in 1/48.  All could use new high quality tooling versions, the monogram ones are really old now.

On 1/7/2019 at 8:59 AM, cbk57 said:

I wold buy and build a p-38, almost no chance I would buy a 1/32 B-29.  Call me bad names but a 1/48 B-29 would be more than enough, not sure I would buy one of those either, but would prefer my 4 engine bombers in 1/48.  All could use new high quality tooling versions, the monogram ones are really old now.

I remember when I use to say the same exact thing......

But then a great deal came up on a B-25 I could not resist. Its big, but still small enough to fit the display case.   Of course, the 17 is just a little bit bigger, why not?  Oh, lookie here. A B-24 that goes with the 17.  Is that a Lancaster in 1/32?  Oh man, can't resist.....

So how slippery this slope is??  Yea, bring on that 29.  They can hang it in my ward in the asylum. 

On 6 January 2019 at 8:58 PM, JamesHatch said:

Neil told me categorically that he has no interest in the B-29.

I can live with that as long as there might be a late war Halifax (maybe with parts for a Halton).

James, kindly mention "floats" in the context of Ju 52

Tony

34 minutes ago, Rowen said:

No B-29 until someone gives us a nice injection mold 1/32 Martin B-26 Marauder! It's next in line anyway! ;)

That being said, would I buy and build a 1/32 B-29? Absolutely!

-Ro

Ok new thread time....who will bring out the B-26.......

Ryan

On 1/4/2019 at 4:32 PM, esarmstrong said:

If it's done "right", I would be in for one.  As is stated already in this thread, I would not get one just because it's available.

Just find 4,999 other people who will commit to spending $450 for one and I'm sure you could get a good kit made.

49 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

Just find 4,999 other people who will commit to spending $450 for one and I'm sure you could get a good kit made.

If they all spent $25 on a crowdsourcing initiative to offset some development costs?  $124, 975. I would gladly invest $25 in the development of a KI-46 "Dinah." Hell, I'd chip in to fund a B-29, to make 5,000 people happy and see what some of us would do with it. 

I would love to have a 1/32 Superfortress, if as has been often alluded to here, it was done right.

I did the 1/48 Monogram kit as a teenager and I would certainly get a 1/32nd B-29 and build it (probably as the early Superfort that visited Glatton) and display it, hanging from the ceiling most likely. Yes please!

R/S

David

21 hours ago, Rowen said:

No B-29 until someone gives us a nice injection mold 1/32 Martin B-26 Marauder! It's next in line anyway! ;)

That being said, would I buy and build a 1/32 B-29? Absolutely!

-Ro

Never happen.  Makes too much sense.