1/32 B-29?

Ryan

31 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Well if we are dreaming big why not bigger....the B-36 Peacemaker!

We can call it the Styrene Overcast.

Back to the 29 though, 53" is big for sure, but not much bigger that the 41" span of the HP 0/400.

Ryan

BTW is no one going to bite on my "Styrene Overcast" line...

That was gold!

Edited by Ryan

3 minutes ago, Ryan said:

BTW is no one going to bite on my "Styrene Overcast" line...

That was gold!

It was.... Well played sir!  But, since you segued back to the B-29, I didn't bite. :P

Edited by Juggernut

I’ve built a 1/32nd B-29 and it’s verging on impractical. It’s so huge I was constantly knocking it into things, it’s a nightmare to transport anywhere (I can only do so in my estate car with the seats down) and it’s only ever been to one model show because it takes up so much table space. 

Another problem is storage - even if the wings come off it’s still so big, finding a box or case big enough is almost impossible. Mine resides in my attic on some industrial shelving and rarely comes down. 

I tend to agree with Jennings - the idea was great when I was contemplating mine but in the real world making, transporting, displaying and storing it is not practical. 

Tom

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

I have to agree, there has to be a point of diminishing returns, and something as humongous as a B-29 would seem totally impractical as a feasible money maker for any company. Personally I'd like to see a lot more 1:32 fighters and less of the gigantic bombers.

As much as I'm happy to see a few of WWII bombers being kitted in IM ... including the four engined Heavies currently in production ... or slated for release in the near future, I'd have to say I agree! ... The main 3 most popular (4's) Lanc, B.17 and B.24 are now being kitted ...

There's probably room, popularity wise, for between about 3 and 6 larger twins in IM ... and even then the demand for these in IM is debatable (Wellington, Do.17 or 217, B.26 etc)

Don't get me wrong ... I'll shell out the cash for the Ju.52 when it appears as well as any of the above with the exception of the B.26. But there has to be a point where the market as a whole just says "are you kidding? - Nope, not for me"

Rog :)