New Tool Tamiya Bf 109 G-6 for February release!

RBrown

6 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

I seldom get too charged up over a new kit, but if Tamiya were ever to do a 1:32 G kit, I'd certainly stand in line for that.

Quite honestly, I’m spoiled by their Corsair.  Just amazing quality.    I’m at the point where it doesn’t matter what they release next in 32nd, I’m buying it.   

22 hours ago, John1 said:

Quite honestly, I’m spoiled by their Corsair.  Just amazing quality.    I’m at the point where it doesn’t matter what they release next in 32nd, I’m buying it.   

I've been there for quite a while myself! 

BTW:  This 1/72 Bf-109 will probably be the most sophisticated 1/72 single seat aircraft kit in existence.

I know most folks around here don't like 1/72 scale, but the new tool Tamiya Zeros are unbelievable for such a small scale.  More cockpit pieces than some (admittedly lousy) 1/32 aircraft kits.

I will get my hopes up now that at the may hobby show there will be a 1/32 BF-109G6.  

This 1/72 announcement is off cycle as it was not at any other hobby show, just showing up now in their ordering, thus reported by scalemates.   I bet we see it officially announced at the German hobby show unless it really does drop in February which would be unusual.  

So that leaves the slot open for a larger more elaborate kit at shizuoka, which is where they usually do major all new 1/32 announcements.  So hopefully that is what we will see announced in May of 2019 a 1/32 109G.  

I will be good for one personally.  I don’t care for the Hasegawa kit that much.  

One solution I would like to see in the Tamiya kit is some sort of pose able canopy.  Either have interchangeable open and closed canopies or something on that order.  I don’t think a working hinge economical, Radu did that with his brass set and it is increadibly complex.  

To me opening engine compartment is a given.

I would also like landing gear to be removable and posed up or down like the Spitfire and Mustang.  

One of my dislikes about the BF-109 is the side opening canopy as posed on the ground, canopy close covers the cockpit too much, canopy open to me ruins the lines of the plane.  So if you could interchange between the two in some manner that would be ideal.  

12 hours ago, Gazzas said:

I refuse to do 1/72 unless it's a twin or bigger.  But with companies like ICM cranking out all of these Luftwaffe twins, the few 1/72 twins in my stash are gonna get lonely.

Scale fidelity is a problem for me as well. There are a few aircraft that I'd like to do (Do 17, Pe-2, etc.) that are available as decent 1:48 kits, but not 1:32. I can either grab the 1:48 kits and be happy, or wait another 20 years to see them in 1:32; quite the dilemma.

43 minutes ago, LSP_K2 said:

Scale fidelity is a problem for me as well. There are a few aircraft that I'd like to do (Do 17, Pe-2, etc.) that are available as decent 1:48 kits, but not 1:32. I can either grab the 1:48 kits and be happy, or wait another 20 years to see them in 1:32; quite the dilemma.

I have no problem at all with scale fidelity. If it's not 1/32 or larger, I don't build it. I am scale supremist, remember?

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

In twenty years I'll be 73.  In the past eight years, my close range vision has gone to hell.  Friday, took the missus out to dinner and realized it was the last time I try to read a menu without glasses.  

There has been senility in my family.  If I wanna build a nice Dornier 17, it'll have to be in the near future.  Who knows, I might be feeding the worms in 20 years.

Hopefully, before I'm feeding the worms, somebody will release a nice, 1/48 or above scale B-26.

Scale fidelity is pointless.

Gaz

Edited by Gazzas