HK Models 1/32 Avro Lancaster

richardchapman5

AD890CCC-D53B-479C-AB46-2A23696DD560_zpsHello All. This will be my first build with LSP. I’m planning on building HK,s Lancaster. Have got the kit and I am very happy with it. There is tons of room for improvements. Have started to look for and order after market parts. I’m guessing there will be a number of these products coming out in the next couple of months . Have ordered Airscale instrument panel and ammo belts from Live resin. Waiting for Airmaster brass 303 barrels to come to Aussie stores. Looking forward to see what Eduard bring out and hope they have a Brassin Merlin engine as well or might have to by the mosquitos engine and do some mods. HGW should bring out some nice seat belts. Going to make my own masks with my wife’s Cricut machine for most of the markings. Planning on doing a lot of scratch building and adding lots of extra parts and wiring. Have also started to acquire a number of reference books and photos from the net.The plane will be built as G for George. Thanks for looking.

Airscale instrument panel.

36FDB98E-B800-441C-887C-E87E9B956E09_zps

Live resin ammo belt for rear turret.

67F1AB26-E0FF-450F-B511-B8898C621B30_zps

References book collection so far.

768F2AF5-00AA-49B2-8A69-45EFE0662E09_zps

That all sounds great Richard, may I too welcome you to the GB, I know we're all going to have a lot of fun and see some masterful builds to boot.  I doubt I'll have time to include my Lanc in this GB but when I build it, it will also be an Aussie Lanc, though from 467 squadron.  My association with it is explained in my website www.ordinarycrew.co.uk 

Today I had a play with our Cricut cutting machine and made masks for my Lanc. I used my reference book on the dambuster that gives the correct sizes of the roundels and lettering used by the RAF during WW2. The large wing roundels decals that come with the kit appear to be far to large as they measure 8.2 cm across where I believe they should be 6.68 cm. the filling pics show what I did.

Reference book page.

IMG_1629_zps5m4ayrsb.jpg

Cricut cutting out masks.

IMG_1628_zpsq8d4dfez.jpg

what the masks look like on the kit. This is the basic bottom mask and just a test fit.

IMG_1630_zpsmvoqiks9.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Richard check out this review of a build from Jeroen Peters on LSM it's only 2 parts so far but very detailed and there are already quite a few errors he has picked up which should help you decide what to replace/scratchbuild.

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/6004-hk-models-132-avro-lancaster-mk1-part-1/?fbclid=IwAR3B9pHAmuw5z8zFLBjqjlR1JNrGNYRp9E8NLT2ehbLfhsb3jnQ0wOusWfM

Graham