HK Models 1/32 Avro Lancaster

richardchapman5

The exhaust stains are definitely NOT too heavy, if anything I'd say a little too light! It's all looking very good indeed, great finish on the wings but for me the roundel is too small, I believe Lancasters had 100" Type B ones. 

I thinks it’s bloody brilliant. I said I wouldn’t buy one even as impressive as they are. But you guys keep putting shots like these up I’m starting to convince myself to get one.

if there is one thing on your build. The engine photo’s above this post you can see the grey plastic/primer on the forward face of the upper cowling just behind the spinner. I’ll add further info if I haven’t explained enough.

Steve.

Edited by Stevepd

Looking good.

I don't think the exhaust stains are too light, however the outboard exhaust stain should not be there. For some reason, there doesn't appear to be any stain from the outermost exhaust stack on pictures I have seen of Lancs in flight.

1 hour ago, DonH said:

Looking good.

I don't think the exhaust stains are too light, however the outboard exhaust stain should not be there. For some reason, there doesn't appear to be any stain from the outermost exhaust stack on pictures I have seen of Lancs in flight.

Correct - the increased dihedral of the outer wings meant the outboard exhaust on engines 1 and 4 passed beneath, not over the wing. There was still some very light staining present on the upper wing though, it just didn't extend very far back and was far less visible - just as depicted on the model actually. 

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Got some more work done on my Lancaster. Nearly finished the Port wing. Just need some parts added then weathering and its done. The engines still need fitting.

481ACB01-8AB2-4AF7-B645-9DC9F9B0F2D5_zps

5084C28B-2C1B-4925-92D5-1CBAE7D44085_zps

Added the red surround where the life raft is place.

4766941F-D9CA-4347-A3F4-754A32B62545_zps

F0F576E4-B2B7-40AF-9212-1AF0F5B7971C_zps

That's all for now and thanks for looking

• 2 months later...