HK Models 1/32 Avro Lancaster

richardchapman5

Thanks Lancman I have been all over Jeroens review and just waiting for part 2. I have also found a number of areas that are missing and will postthem post Jeroens next instalment so I am not covering the same issue. Even with these minor  problems I think this is a fantastic kit.

As I cannot afford or have the room for one of these I will have to tag along and watch you do the magic, looks like you have all the elements in place for a fine build, as a 100% fan of painted on markings I am pleased that is the route you are taking, so carry on !!

Cheers

Dennis

Today I started to cut up my Lancaster by removing the raised floor that the seat is placed on.

IMG_7300_zps9mjxgl2f.jpeg

IMG_6276_zpstjz9gqhc.jpeg

I then cleaned up the hole and filled it with .5 plaster card.

IMG_1955_zpsfuqucd3i.jpeg

I then got stuck into the raised floor. I first removed 2.5mm to lower it. I then removed the rear and front walls of the raised floor as per my reference shots.

IMG_1957_zps5ktjsxs9.jpeg

IMG_1958_zpsvhavlt42.jpeg

IMG_1953_zpswagkdpx6.jpeg

I the worked on the radio operators seat. The seat cushion that rests on the wing spar needs some added definition between them and I rounded off the edges of the cushion.

Before.

IMG_6278_zpsmbq25pij.jpeg

After.

IMG_1959_zpssmq287h4.jpeg

Hope these mods work or I just wasted $359.00

Thanks for looking

It looks like so far you and I are the only ones doing the HK Lanc.  Your approach is more robust than mine as I am going to do it pretty much OOB, save for barrels, I.P., and a few other details.  I doubt tha tyou wil be ruining  your model, but only enhancing. it.  I will be following along to see how you are progressing.

Thanks mgunns. I’m planning on using the R side of the clear fuselage so I will be trying to add as much of the missing interior as possible. This will include a lot of the plumbing that runs along the L side of the interior. Not planning on adding in R side plumbing as that will block the view of the clear side and I think joining this plumbing to the clear plastic would look quite messy  Also planning to detail one of the engines. What do you mean when you say running your model?Are you talking about adding real motors? Regards Richard.

Edited by richardchapman5