Do 335 B-2, Eastern Front What If

LSP_Ray

They do look pretty good. I typically hate molded on detail, but they did good job, with good relief. Still hard to paint.

My probably over-ambitious plan is to have panels open one side, closed the other. So one side you get a better look at the lines, the other side some detail. I am going to leave the bomb bay and gun deck covers closed. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, LSP_Ray said:

Another small update from Ray The Modeling Sloth. Finished the engines, except for exhausts and a few touch-ups and maybe a little more weathering:

2130082227_HKMDo335_engines.jpg.28fac33e002f26bcbef38cc007937369.jpg

I spent way too much time on these...

Working on the cockpit now, hopefully it will go a little faster!

I can definitely see the time spent! Those tiny line have perfectly painted collars around them and the screen looks straight thru, not a bridge of paint or glue anywhere. Has this made you think about showing them off?

7 hours ago, themongoose said:

I can definitely see the time spent! Those tiny line have perfectly painted collars around them and the screen looks straight thru, not a bridge of paint or glue anywhere. Has this made you think about showing them off?

Thanks guys! Yes, I will have the starboard cowls open to show them off. The other sides of the engines I did not detail paint as much,so saved some time. ;) I could have added more wires and piping, but wanted to finish sometime this year, plus they are busy enough and I don't know how visible the work would be with the cowls partially blocking the view, especially the rear engine.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the glacier has moved another inch! I finished something else! Here is the nose gear bay:

65299670_HKMDo335_14.thumb.JPG.1d1d3625c95e63bb15c7ea9bcba8da78.JPG

If anyone is wondering, the stencils came from an old Verlinden aircraft stencil dry transfer sheet (English, but illegible) except for the numbers on the bottles, which are from an Archer Transfers sheet, generic US Army stars. I just used the copyright date, 1997.