Do 335 B-2, Eastern Front What If

LSP_Ray

I have had a super poor record in finishing GB builds, but going to give it go again as a type of 'therapy.' Most of you don't know, but I had a stroke Dec. 14 and am trying to work myself back to normal. Hopefully working on a kit that is 'relatively' simple hopefully will help in the rehabilitation of my left hand which is pretty useless right now (but getting better), and keep me occupied. I was going to build a resin kit, P-59, but don't think I'm up to that right now. This will be a s-l-o-w build but will hopefully speed up as my left hand progresses. If I get it done fast enough, maybe I will give the P-59 a go; fingers crossed.

Anyway, I am kind of in the same world as Brian, except my Do 335 is on the Eastern Front. As the Do 335 production ramped up, the heavy destroyers were used to re-equip the ground attack squadrons there to help stem the tide of Russian armor. The three 30mm cannon could crack open even the JS-2's and JS-3's if hit from the thinner rear or engine decks.

JG-54 was one of the squadrons re-equipped in the Spring of 1946. They quickly re-painted their birds in their favored brighter greens and sand colors which fit in better with the terrain, the sand added as the grasses dried out. I will also be using late-war colors including the greenish version of RLM76, and maybe some unpainted areas, though that is still somewhat up in the air. My bird will have a RLM66 cockpit interior, however, though I can understand why they would use 06 in the desert. I do agree with Brian that wheelwells should be RLM06 simply for better light for the mechanics - or natural metal.