RCAF SPITFIRES.. Mk XIVe..duel build.

williamj

thank you for the description of the process

as others have said, the pictures look amazing

the highest compliment i can pay is that you really can't tell it's a conversion in the photos where everything is primed - super impressive

I have the conversion myself and took it out of the bag for the first time in ages...i was very pleasantly surprised in the smoothness of casting and fine panel lines etc...and then I saw Radu's name on the instructions, so I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised!

don't think I'd have the guts to try this myself, especially on a Tamiya kit...maybe the Eduard one - if I balls it up I've blown a £25 kit not a £75 one...

interesting to hear Radu is working on a conversion specifically for the Tamiya kit though - that might entice me

anyway, love your work - inspirational stuff

not a huge fan of the low back (in any marque) - it's just 'not a Spitfire' to me, but that high back XIV looks a BEAST!!

thanks again for sharing

Nick

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress....having fun with the XIVC..long way to go yet.lots of weathering to do and detailing before a final finish.

The XIVe is coming along ... (It will look much different).giving it far more time and attention than this one.  more later.

Thanks for looking in.  

Cheer's..Bill.

p2iXBx.jpg
sopy3d.jpg
Mcdq2G.jpg
mIMgWO.jpg
PLlDqA.jpg

Edited by williamj

3 hours ago, williamj said:

Thanks Chuck...you know what they say..there's always something you'd do differently after.

Cheers buddy.

I actually do like them.  I was referring to the fact that I did them the very same way.  If I might offer a suggestion, I'd sand them slightly to make the demarcation edges a bit more subtle and less abrupt. 

Cheers,

Chuck