RCAF SPITFIRES.. Mk XIVe..duel build.

williamj

Bill, I echo everyone else's comments, that cockpit is stunning!  One of (if not) the best Spit cockpits I have seen done.  I will have to save those images as ref for my future Vc conversion of my Tamiya IXc….And any other future British cockpits for that matter!

Superb mate

Cheers Anthony 

7 hours ago, dodgem37 said:

Great show.  One cockpit had an oxygen bottle behind it and another had a fuel tank?  Why the difference?

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Thanks Mark...my guess on the low back fuel tank..see a number of RCAF highback fourteens with the belly tank(slipper tank),not on the low back though.

so perhaps the aft tank on the XIVe was extra internal fuel and negated the large belly tank use.

Edited by williamj

8 hours ago, Wolf Buddee said:

Fantastic work Bill!

Is that a Yahu IP? I'm assuming you're still going to add the fittings and cables for the rudder to the ends of the actuator rods......:rolleyes: You know you want to.........

Cheers,

Wolf

It is indeed a Yuhu...and we might add a bit more to the pits yet...have belts to do as well. cheers Wolf..

PS..like the tank.

Finally received my brass fasteners in the mail..still waiting for the late war RAF seatbelts we ordered,cockpits are ready to close up.

The fasteners are about 1.12 mm..countersunk 1.15 shallow holes for them,,they will be flat pressed into place after painting,then a semi gloss over top should hold them..they're small.    and yes there's a small patch there cause we slipped.;)

cheers for now ...Bill

MZJrkY.jpg

Edited by williamj

On 2/10/2019 at 12:44 AM, williamj said:

Finally received my brass fasteners in the mail..still waiting for the late war RAF seatbelts we ordered,cockpits are ready to close up.

The fasteners are about 1.12 mm..countersunk 1.15 shallow holes for them,,they will be flat pressed into place after painting,then a semi gloss over top should hold them..they're small.    and yes there's a small patch there cause we slipped.;)

cheers for now ...Bill

MZJrkY.jpg

I love seeing this build - it's like reliving the XIV I made - i did exactly the same thing for those Dzus fasteners - makes such a difference

did you get them made?

Peter

On 2/15/2019 at 8:22 AM, airscale said:

I love seeing this build - it's like reliving the XIV I made - i did exactly the same thing for those Dzus fasteners - makes such a difference

did you get them made?

Peter

Thanks for following Peter..not made for me...supplied from Alliance Modelworks sheet LW35026. philips and flat head in 32nd48th and35th...separated on an adhesive backing,no cutting.lovely.

Edited by williamj