RCAF SPITFIRES.. Mk XIVe..duel build.

williamj

2 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

Hey Bill , looking good.  Are you degassing with vacuum or pressure ?

Thanks Mike..  Vac,  still get a few though.   I really have bit off a big chunk here. but we'll get there.:blush:

And thanks for the comments gents...have my gratitude.

rORiN1.jpg

Edited by williamj

Aft Fuselage windows....Measure nine times cut once kinda thing.  The actual window is slightly smaller as it has a thin circular frame around it. which will be accomplished with a mask.

So.....back to it.   Cheers.

5H6vIj.jpg
lyPtga.jpg

Edited by williamj

Hello,

I’m glad you are doing this project. About a year ago I finished a similar build, but instead of resin, I used a PCM Spit to mate with the Tamiya one.

Needless to say, it was a pain to fit but I am happy with the result.

Sorry, it is a bit dusty.

2nyj5Jb.jpg

5K3Mgt9.jpg

melJfSS.jpg

KUhdOqr.jpg

PxFgDrB.jpg

kZOgEi8.jpg

S3AgrpH.jpg

fyHkM7j.jpg

On 1/14/2019 at 3:48 PM, Old Dog Flying said:

Hin Bill:  I have over 50 photos of the one here in Vancouver..formerly Race 80...if you need any detail shots.

Barney

Thanks for the offer Barney...I might just do that after the bull work and we get a bit more into them.

Cheers.

On 1/13/2019 at 7:47 PM, Padubon said:

Hello,

I’m glad you are doing this project. About a year ago I finished a similar build, but instead of resin, I used a PCM Spit to mate with the Tamiya one.

Needless to say, it was a pain to fit but I am happy with the result.

Sorry, it is a bit dusty.

That turned out really nice,love it:wub:..looked for the PCM kit ..but they want like 200.00 for them now...Had the Tamiya kits and a lot of silicon rubber and resin...so we just dove in.love a challenge and a bit of engineering.Haven't been able to build anything OOTB for years..might be something wrong with me.:wacko:

8 hours ago, williamj said:

That turned out really nice,love it:wub:..looked for the PCM kit ..but they want like 200.00 for them now...Had the Tamiya kits and a lot of silicon rubber and resin...so we just dove in.love a challenge and a bit of engineering.Haven't been able to build anything OOTB for years..might be something wrong with me.:wacko:

Thanks bud. I am looking forward to your build, as I was not gutsy enough to tackle two at the same time.

I usually never finish a model that I start as OOTB, somewhere along the way I start to add goodies.

I can’t wait for more of your Griffons!